ATP with the Nell first hunt

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Went out on my first hunt with the Nell 15'' Attack coil to a pounded out place that I have gone over with the 5x8 and the stock coil at least 3 times. I found a bling ring, a POD button (1883-1970) a token with Level 13 video arcade on it (can not find any research info about it) and $1.21 in clad. My first impressions was that it is a well made coil, comes with cover, bolt and Nell worded velcro strap, had no trouble with set up or fitment (except for no "0" ring on plug)

I did a factory reset and ground balance with 1/2 sensitivity and then cranked it up. It was not as chatty as I thought it would be (about the same as my 5x8) and definitely goes deeper, the weight is heavier but I also got a detector buddy harness and it is no problem swinging for hours.

I needed to go out to a virgin site and try it but so far I like it, I have the option now to use the 5x8 and then finish off with the Attack coil. Pic below is a similar button of the one I found.

POD Button.jpg

Last edited:

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have and love the Storm on my pro. Not only is the depth great but area coverage is awesome. You will get spoiled by it. Congrats

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good digs, how much deeper do youthink it gets with the Attack then the stock coil? I need to go over a field that I've pounded, the Attack sounds like it might find a little more. Thx

OP
OP
swagman

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good digs, how much deeper do youthink it gets with the Attack then the stock coil? I need to go over a field that I've pounded, the Attack sounds like it might find a little more. Thx

It goes deeper then the stock coil, with the stock coil I would get 8 to 10 inches every now and then but with the Attack I get that a lot more, sometimes I get no depth and VDI and I have to go by sound alone. I will be really testing it this weekend as I am going some where to detect for 3 days. If you get it be prepared to dig deeper then normal holes which can get tiring and time consuming some times lol.

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx for the info, thats what I'm looking for, let me know how it goes on your 3 day trip. The field I want to use it for has given up some nice old coins and civil war relics, I just think theres more there thats just out of reach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread