gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't win 'em all. 3 hours in a site we cleaned out long ago, "dig everything" approach, hoping for a deep stray. 6 to 8 sense, coin and all metal pro mode. I cant decide if I like iron audio. The little aluminum (brass?) eyelet at 4" sounded good and solid. My machine started acting up, randomly making a "pinging" sound like sonar, very strange, I thought "here we go, bad machine". I checked the coil connection at the box, the ferrule came unscrewed, it was almost off the threads. So I tightened it back up, turned the machine off then on, and this fixed the pinging problem. My phone connection was loose last week also. Check your coil and headphone connections for tightness every time you head out to the field. Good luck to all....

Attachments

• DSC06391.JPG
    DSC06391.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC06392.JPG
    DSC06392.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 279

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the TIP about the connections coming loose sometimes.

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Ya know, finding "something" even if it is trash is better than finding nothing at all.

If I found nothing, THEN i'd be worried, as sensitive as the AT seems to be! LOL! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread