Attacked from every side

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So all to often I hear about the environmentalist and these other originazations beining the cause of the extinction of the Small Scale miner and though I do agree they play a huge role in making my life difficult but not as difficult as all these people who have no intention on mining and are staking claims and been holding on to claims for the sake of Having a Good Camping Spot or they just want to prospect recreationally..So much good land and in worthless hands..It was my understanding that the purpose of staking a mining claim was for the intent to work economically!!But honestly I have only seen a handful most people it seems use their claims as a Rec area or more often then not they have claims just to say they have a Gold claim...It is of my opinion that this is a big factor to the decline of the Small Scale prospector.. I been recently speaking with this stubborn old lady who had a claim since 1943 that hasn't been worked since the 1970 after her husband death and she just kept it ..Great property goining to waste!!!!And this same story is probably repeated hundred of times...If that is not the Case then it's people who stakes claim with only the intent to resale and never work which should be criminal in my opinion!!!And though these issues are not old I think they are often overlooked...

Anyway Hope all is having a good day today and some decent gold!!

Upvote 0

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya; all missed the point completely. The reason I have multiple claims was dredge seasons-some claims all year-some labor day to sept 1st-some till oct 15 and then back to point a again as all year dredging. NEXT-Occupancy- with all the bs time constraints of the BLM and Forest Circus contiguous claims is mandatory as when time restraint is up you simply move 100' to your other claim and the clock restarts and around and around you go till the season is over-YAHOO no'mo'seasons. FINALLY bs survey says 70-well isn't that age discrimination or tool envy as elder miners have the time/money and knowledge to mine at THEIR choice to or not to as it's THEIR RIGHTS NOT YOURS. All I read is here is I want your gold mining property. I've loaned,given freely,leased,co-owned in almost every form their is. NO BFD just seek,look,and make a deal--if not move on for gods sake-that's the difference between weekend warriors/wannabees-full time miners find a way to work without taking from others because we KNOW what it feels like to be claimjumped,robbed ,raped and pillaged with a acre a trash ,couches and garbage-------John

If every claimowner was like Hoser there would be no discussion as he will work his claims as long as his body allows - and when his body gives out the claims
will pass on. If all the claimowners did this there'd be plenty to file on, purchase, lease, etc. for the younger generation.

I bet Hoser doesn't own 40 separate claims in 5 or 6 different counties. Just sayin.

Last edited:

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's no different then hunters taking up all the private land and not hunting it. Here our county parks close from September 1 to the end of February for hunting but yet no one is ever there. What can you say people are greedy. Just like metal detecting people hardly give advice on public places to go because their afraid of poachers of "their" riches. With claims like that they should be 6 month or a year leases then whoever gets there first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread