ATTN: METEORITE HUNTERS - New BLM Rules!

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What continues to amaze me in all of these discussions is thatwhen we get right down to it we have a Fed. beauracrat, paid with our tax dollars, telling us what we can and can't do on our land. BLM, Forest Service, etc, etc,..... would not have anything to manage and mismanage if it weren't for us tax payers! But the longer we ignore their ridiculous actions and arbutary decisions, and only complain amongst ourselves they will think they are serving the will of the majority and continue their merry way. It's to issue some pressure and maybe cost some of these so-called professionals to loose their jobs, and wake everyone else up. My opinion only.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am I missing something?Didnt it say you could go ahead and even use your detector?Up to ten pounds a year?We all know about wilderness areas and biollogically sensitive,historic areas etc....I hunt the dessert all winter,all on blm land.seen a ranger once three years ago.He asked if I was finding anything cool and could he check out my quad...he wanted same model.

then he split...waved goodbye and I went on with my hunt.I think we worry too much about these liberal politicians....just go hunt.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not follow to many government rules like that....... The reason ...The ones that make all the rules in our government at this time seem to be all crazy..............So i ....ignore = pay no attention ... to them.... and seem to get away with doing that ..... But i try not to draw attention to myself.........

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Am I missing something?Didnt it say you could go ahead and even use your detector?Up to ten pounds a year?We all know about wilderness areas and biollogically sensitive,historic areas etc....I hunt the dessert all winter,all on blm land.seen a ranger once three years ago.He asked if I was finding anything cool and could he check out my quad...he wanted same model.

then he split...waved goodbye and I went on with my hunt.I think we worry too much about these liberal politicians....just go hunt.
I have only talked to one Ranger in the last 20 years ..... He said you know you need a permit to hunt this land here......... He said go to our office and get one when you get a chance ..... But then said you can keep hunting today but try to have a permit when you come back.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread