One Pin

Greenie
Feb 21, 2014
Northern Neck of Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello, I don't post much but do soak up the great knowledge here. I live in a 16th century home and have used an Garrett AT Pro. In fact, it is the only detector I have ever had. I would like to step up a bit and would like to know who has used the DTI and the ATX and what the pros and cons are. I like and understand Garrett products and know for a fact that they stand by their machines if you are honest with them....that is a whole different story!

Thanks,
Larry Mason
Northern Neck Of Virginia

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DTI and ATX are impulse machines they don't discriminate, give size or tell depth. They will give a signal on very deep metal items. They are very good detectors for relic hunting and gold prospecting. However many people who bought them for coin and jewelry hunting are disappointed. Try to find someone that has one and knows how to use it. Se3e if they will let you try it out, to see it it's for you. With an AT Pro in Pro zero mode and a NEL coil with Grey Ghost headphones 10" dimes are a reality. 12 inch quarters, " IHP and 13" Halves are all possible.

mehdi

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he's talking about gti 2500 which is vlf machine

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May not be what you are looking for but I also stepped up from an ATPro. I also hunted in pro zero mode. I ended up getting an XP Deus and it seriously makes the ATP seem antiquated in comparison. You have the ability to operate across for different frequencies from 4khz to 18khz. It is also has the fastest recovery of any machine out there. The ability to tune it to the specific site conditions and to the type of hunting makes it the most versatile machine out there in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread