ATX target sound

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching several utube videos of the ATX in action, I would think the annoying hee haw sound would drive anybody completely nuts after a few hours.. I would love to see an improved more powerfull TDI Beach Hunter with a power pak that would be similar to the Equinox. Most likely that will never happen. When my Dual Field bites the dust, I would select the Fisher Impulse AQ. Maybe Fisher can modify the unit so that there are no cables protruding out the back. It certainly seems to be equal to the ATX performance wise, certainly sounds a whole lot better and about $350.00 less

Reactions: OBN
Upvote 1

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That hee haw (HI-lo... Lo-Hi) sums up the way I felt about the audio on the Garrett Infinium LS, same audio. Drove me crazy.. the ATX is built like a tank and almost as heavy as one.

The TDI Beach Hunter is smooth and fairly easy to use, I did not like the coil. Another floater. Good machine. Deeper then the DF and with a few mods one could run a external battery pack like I did using the excalibur battery pack on the DF.
1479995-fa1562dca496b210c2a0030be9e1528b.jpg

Love the AQ and they did upgrade the battery setup, problem I think all has halted and no longer will they offer the machine once the first version is sold out. :unhappysmiley:

20210204_165314.jpg

Last edited:

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
f75se,CTX3030, , Deus ,Excal blue 800 & 1000 , Manticore , TDI BeachHunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The ATX is a tank , and the tones will drive you nuts , to bad Garrett didn't make a new PI , other than the antique TANK :dontknow:

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The floating coil on the Dual Field was the most annoying aspect when using it while wading. Finally I solved the problem using the exercise weight. It had four sections each filled with sand. I cut off one section because it was too heavy. It now weighs 2 lbs. I use the Velcro strap to secure one side and 2 zip ties to secure the other side. Problem solved and I don’t notice much resistance swinging in the water because it lies flat

Attachments

• IMG_1841.jpeg
    IMG_1841.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: OBN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread