AUCTION Find - excited beyond belief

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's no secret that I LOVE bug jewelry.

One result of said collection is a small(ish) mix of gold filled scarab items.

Today at auction I picked up several GF scarab pieces for $25. Later in the auction another scarab piece comes up as 14K and scarab. I managed to pay a mere $30 for this bracelet. Much to my surprise her the gentleman delivered it, the stones were much larger than I had anticipated.

Now my dilemma - sell it or store it away??!!

Attachments

• image-76217060.jpg
    image-76217060.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 151

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to keep it I say list it anyways with a high by it now or best offer and keep it and wear it and enjoy it. and then someday when somebody offers you money for it. decide if it's worth it to sell it or keep it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bracelet like that one only the scarabs are a bit smaller. It is also gold filled. You will still do alright with the price you paid, if you decide to sell it.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It's no secret that I LOVE bug jewelry.

Now my dilemma - sell it or store it away??!!

This is not a dilemma at all. Wear it and enjoy it. When you find something else you like, then sell it. You get the both of both worlds!

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Part of my problem....like it...keep it! I need a bigger jewelry box (LOL)!!

Uh, the pot is calling the kettle black, huh? You know how to fix it, right? Next time you see a nice new jewelry box which is much bigger in a TS, buy it!!!! ROFL! I saw one and hesitated a day too long and it was gone when I went back. I thought DH was going to have a cow if I had come home with it. Just shove it in a box in your sock drawer for now.

OP
OP
mjm579

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, the pot is calling the kettle black, huh? You know how to fix it, right? Next time you see a nice new jewelry box which is much bigger in a TS, buy it!!!! ROFL! I saw one and hesitated a day too long and it was gone when I went back. I thought DH was going to have a cow if I had come home with it. Just shove it in a box in your sock drawer for now.
This was a TS find from about 9 months ago. I'm constantly moving stuff around to justify buying more.

I LOVE it!!! I have another (smaller) one that my husband bought me for christmas three years ago. It doubles as a night stand.

MAYBE I need a safe deposit box??!!

Attachments

• image-3303124290.jpg
    image-3303124290.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 90

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread