Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ole MXT shined like a star this morning at the trashpit, I got there right at daybreak to beat the heat and the weather wasn't bad at all, I found the V nickel about the middle of the hunt and it was only a few inches down but I got a nice coin sized target with a VDI 18 and sure enough it was a V nickel in primo shape. I got about 5 zinc's that I didn't show cause they were really nasty, I didn't find the gold ring till I was about ready to pack up and go, as a matter of fact I was right next to my truck detecting between the sidewalk and road where they had killed off the vegetation during all the excavating that went on there about a month ago but hadn't dug there at all it was just dead weeds, anyway I got a nice 22 VDI that was a little faint but sounded ring size so I dug a nice deep plug and as I pulled the plug out the very bottom of it fell of and I seen the gleaming gold. It's the first time I've hunted with the MXT since 2 days after I bought my V3i and I must say it ran true to form

Attachments

• aug12.1.jpg
    aug12.1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 152
  • aug12.2.jpg
    aug12.2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 155
  • aug12.3.jpg
    aug12.3.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 155

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Nice nabs. That trashpit is paying off big time for you. Is it a big area? Fun spot because you keep bringing home some keepers about everytime. You think you have a lot of trips left at this spot? Keep em coming.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ring Giant!! Someone must have been sick when they lost that one. That V is a beauty. WTG :icon_thumleft:

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs! Love the ring and the "V". Congrats my friend.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Another nice ring! V is in great shape too, congrats~! Hope you water hunters post an end of season picture of all your rings, gotta see 'em! ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread