White's XLT, MXT, TDI
Fisher F75
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab GPX 5000, Explorer SE
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reapp,
There are many best detectors on the market. Some better than others and that's just any individuals opinion. I personally use an older Whites MXT, Garrett AT Pro, Technetics G2. My whites and Tech is not water resistance but the Garrett is. I like all three. They are fairly easy to use and learn and I have found a lot of items with each one. Which ever detector you use these mentioned or any other one out there on the market, I strongly suggest to also purchase extra a little 5 inch coil (snipper coil) for the trashy areas. The separation of iron verses the "good" items is what it does better than a 8 inch DD or larger coil. Larger the coil more the detector will not be able to separate the good from the bad. The smaller coil will of course take longer to cover the ground than a larger one but it is what it is.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best in heavy iron right now seems to be the XP Deus. The Minelab Equinox is pretty good in iron too. Those two are high on the list for your mineralized Georgia clay too.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When hunting relics, especially at that place; iron is your friend and enemy. Iron gives you a good indication for where humans have been and relics, jewelry and coins "live". That all said, I believe the XP Deus is one of the best machines for this blessing/problem.

Good Luck on your adventure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread