Austin Tx. I know where a Lost map rock

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
I once knew and seen for myself a real treasure map on a rock about 10 miles north of Austin TX.
On it was an anchor a sun and an arrow with some other carvings near by about 50 yards was a sink hole about 5 ft across and 6 ft deep there were also dates back to mid 1700 or so and newer dates around 1830s
It's been 20 yrs since I seen the rock and the darnedest reason why.
Some idiot put a mall on it.
I wonder if that was the Spanish gold mine at Stagger Hollow ? The Spanish left it after burring a few mule loads of silver of gold but were finely killed by Indians near Barten Springs in Austin after hideing more gold.
I would love to go look for the rock and hope the mall missed it but all the land near where it was is marked
" NO TRESSPASSING WILL PROSECUTE"

Red

P

peterjl

Hey Red,

I'd be interested in that hunt since I live in Beaumont, Tx and it probably wouldn't be too far to travel.

Peter L.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I knew where a place like that was off of 620 near 183. It is now neighborhoods. I more or less grew up on the ranch that used to be there. There were 3 "caves" and alot of carvings on rocks. We dug for years in one of the caves, and there are alot of stories behind it. The well on the property was drilled through one of the rooms of a cave. There was plenty of signs to suggest there was something really big hid there. When the ranch was sold, a bulldozer clearing the land, collapsed one of the caves. All they did was pull the dozer out and fill in the sunken area. I know to this day that one of those houses sits on top of a fortune that will never be found.

P

peterjl

man i would like to hunt for some real treasure around the beaumont area, anyone have any leads?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread