Austin was flooded recently. I dont know what to think about my neighbor now.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Austin was flooded recently. I don't know what to think about my neighbor now.

The remnants of a hurricane came through Austin last night, and it seemed like the entire neighborhoods drainage was going through my backyard. The water carried with it leaves and sticks and would make damns against the fence causing the water to rise more and more. At the lowest part of my yard, against the fence was about 2 feet of water. I started to worry because it was about an inch from the threshold of my back door.
So I put on some old shoes and some shorts and with a shovel and flashlight, started breaking up the damns that were holding the water. I quickly learned that opening the gate (I have one on the left and one on the right of my house) would cause a title wave of water to be relieved from my back yard when I opened them. GREAT! I thought. Water was leaving my yard in hundreds of gallons a second it seemed. Just the initial wave would have knocked most people over.
Now, my neighbor, whom I've probably spoken to 3 times in 6 years see's me out there with a flashlight "playing (?)" in the water. This is the same neighbor, that every time I cut my grass, I get my weed eater out and trim his front yard as well as mine simply as a courtesy. What does he do? He quickly walks over when I'm not looking, and shuts the gate between mine and his house. The water wasn't doing anything but pouring out into my own yard, carrying [small] debris with it (not in his yard at all). Yes, it might be sightly in the morning, but it was a hurricane and well, I don't even think there's a need to explain myself here.

I'm really taken back by this act. What would you think?

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Austin was flooded recently. I don't know what to think about my neighbor now.

I think I would very nicely tell him that you weed wack his yard and since your home was on the verge of being flooded and the water leaving was doing no damage to his property..he had NO reason to shut the gate..frankly, I would of re opened it and stood there till it was all done draining.. I do not logically understand why the heck he did that..and I would stop weedwacking his yard..sheez..what a dippo.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Re: Austin was flooded recently. I don't know what to think about my neighbor now.

Bootybay said:
I think I would very nicely tell him that you weed wack his yard and since your home was on the verge of being flooded and the water leaving was doing no damage to his property..he had NO reason to shut the gate..frankly, I would of re opened it and stood there till it was all done draining.. I do not logically understand why the heck he did that..and I would stop weedwacking his yard..sheez..what a dippo.

Yep, I thought about not weed wacking his yard, but I after giving it lots of thought, that would make me someone I don't want to be. Besides, the plus side of continuing to do it would drive him nuts (perhaps he expects retaliation?) . So, I think I might just keep doing it just at least so he will feel remorse for what he did.

Hmmm... revenge by kindness? Wouldn't that be kooky.

Edit: Yes, I can't fathom, for the life of me, why he would do that considering the water and debris was clearly on my yard.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Logical response to him. You are the smiley on the right.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You may never know, but I love your idea of continuing to do his grass!!!! That is something Chug would do, and does, cause he likes our little area to be clean!!!! :thumbsup: :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread