Austrian 5 Schilling piece

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Well, I went to my local coin hole today. That's what I call the school yard in my neighborhood.
I found this 1981 Austrian coin. Did a little research and found that Austria no longer uses the Schilling as they converted to the Euro back in 1999. Enjoy & HH

IMG_20130727_145041.jpg

IMG_20130727_144539.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ima Swinger

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
I'm sad.......no replies. I thought this was an awesome piece. But, I get no "atta boys" or "way to go's". I'm shedding tears here. Somebody........anybody.........hello?
Have I been shunned from the community?
Is it all over?
I'm I not worthy of your love and affection?
Could someone call me a waaaaambuLance?

Heehee.......happy hunting everyone!
Lance

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a cool find. I know some of their older issues, 1960s and earlier, had silver content. But even as just a plain old clad, it's a cool coin, not your everyday find :occasion14:

OP
OP
Ima Swinger

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Thanks WT! I was pretty surprised when I got it home and cleaned it up. I wasn't expecting it to be very old. The school has only been there about 30 years. I told my 13 yr old daughter that Arnold Schwarzenegger must have dropped it.
She said "Who's that". Hahaha........

Oh, and welcome to Tnet. You'll see a lot of interesting thinks here.

HH

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I wasn't expecting it to be very old. The school has only been there about 30 years. I told my 13 yr old daughter that Arnold Schwarzenegger must have dropped it.
She said "Who's that". Hahaha........

Oh, and welcome to Tnet. You'll see a lot of interesting thinks here.

HH

Thanks, and I like the line about Arnold Schwarzenegger LOL.

OP
OP
Ima Swinger

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Yeah Don, I wish mine was in that good of shape. I guess some unlucky kid dropped it in the school yard for me to find. Definitely cooler than the Mexican and Canadian coins that I find on occasion.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread