Automax Handheld Precision Pinpointer V2

galaxy51

Sep 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE and XS, White's MXT and Classic ID
It works fine but to me it seems much larger and more difficult to carry than most, if not all, the other makes and models. On the other hand if you somehow lost it, it should be easier to find.
To make a comparison I have an Automax V4 which I believe is identical to the V2 other than the numbers on decal. It measures a little over 18 inches in length. My older White's "black box" 120 Bullseye measures less than 9 1/2 inches and the newer 140 Bullseye measures about 10 5/8 inches.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Do you like the White's better or the Automax?? I am in the market to get a pinpointer and can't decide...... :-\

OP
OP
SC_hunter

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks galaxy51.......My buddy had a tinyTeck deluxe pinpointer, but it looked more cumbersome than the automax. I was not impressed with it so think I will give the Automax a shot.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the automax works ok. my two major complaints are that it is too big and too flimsey.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I have the automax v4, because I got a deal on it when I bought my detector. It just seems to big! But it gets the job done. Keep my treasure pouch on my side away from detector with the pinpointer in it. It falls out once in a while, but I am already used to that too.
DFX-Gregg

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Some have had a lot of problems with them. I would suggest that you look into the Vibrprobe. No controls to fail , waterproof, has its own carry pouch and works real well. I sell them for 99.00 discounted.
If you're interrested go to my site and check them out.
TonyinCT
www.tcmetaldetectors.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread