Availability?

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, yes, the days of actually opening the case and fiddling with resistors, capacitors and stuff is passe. Makes sense to me, but if the Simplex can be updated (and has) why not the Vanquish? It seems that Minelab has been pretty quiet about these sorts of things. I guess they are waiting for the official rollout, what, next month? Maybe? Thanks for the clue! :)

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my darling wife ordered a Pro-Pack from Kellyco, but they don't seem to have them yet. At least its on its way.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! You should get along great with it. Dealers are still waiting for their orders. Might be another month before you have it in hand.

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I know, but hopefully it's worth the wait. I saw a Facebook post on the Minelab page from a shop in Netherlands and they had the Vanquish hanging on the wall so not sure why USA dealers are getting the short end.....Happy Holidays everybody!

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had an epiphany today while I was at work. I catch myself daydreaming about metal detecting when I should be thinking of other things(I know I have a problem). I think me and the Vanquish got off on the wrong foot. In the 2 years I've had the Equinox I have turned into a "detector snob". I've gotten so spoiled by being able to tune the Nox settings to out perform most machines on the market today. This must be how Deus users feel :laughing7:. The first time I turned on the Vanquish I was comparing it to the Nox. I was thinking about it today and that's when it hit me. I wondered how the Nox would do with factory defaults. I did a factory reset on each mode. You can do this on each mode by long pressing the mode button while the mode is selected. It will show SP and change that modes settings to Minelab defaults. The Nox and the Vanquish were very similar on the "old dime between the nails" trick with the newer F2 iron bias. You can adjust the Nox to eventually hit the dime with a normal swing speed but that would only be at a heavy iron site. You wouldn't hunt everywhere with those settings, and the Vanquish wasn't made to compete with the Nox at relic hunting. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I owe my Vanquish an apology.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, I think its a natural reaction. A lot of us were expecting the V and E to be much more equal since they share the same brain. But since the V is aimed squarely at the intro market, I understand its performance being simplified to increase the treasure to trash ratio.

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody heard any shipping to US dealers news? Minelab had a nice photo of some shop in Netherlands with these little red devils hanging on the wall. I watched the latest Iffy Signals nail test and since I couldn't afford a Nox, the Vanquish is still head and shoulders over the Ace 400 and appears to have more depth and a bit better trash separation than the Simplex. I guess the waiting is indeed the hardest part.... :)

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 + Garrett Pro-Pointer AP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Iffy. I did a Google search on the Vanquish and there were indications you could use the Z-lynk, but I also see up on the Nox thread that there is a company that makes identical bluetooth for about half the price Minelab charges.

If the Vanquish is anything like the Equinox with Bluetooth headphones be careful buying ones that aren't official Minelab ones. Things have changed and we (Steve Goss) and I have been trying to get to the bottom of it. It has something to do with the Trond & Miccus headphones now using differenct versions of Bluetooth that the Minelabs don't like. Check out this thread in the Equinox section here for more info from Steve:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/e...-eqx-pairing-issues-cropping-up-recently.html

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read those with interest Ziggy-Grimm, which is why I ended up pre-ordering a Pro-Pack version of the 540 and have tasked one of the local squirrels to look out for its arrival (see my post in a Minelab Facebook page for proof). I can only imagine thousands of Vanquish detectors on some container ship crawling across the Pacific to the US...

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 + Garrett Pro-Pointer AP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read those with interest Ziggy-Grimm, which is why I ended up pre-ordering a Pro-Pack version of the 540 and have tasked one of the local squirrels to look out for its arrival

e04c66c925b6c5ee9ec5d77bb8b57b6f.jpg

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody heard if the wildfires in Australia are having an impact on Minelab? Is their factory anywhere near the blazes?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody heard if the wildfires in Australia are having an impact on Minelab? Is their factory anywhere near the blazes?

The primary Minelab factory is in Indonesia. Only the gold machines get assembled in the Australia facility.

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still learning about Minelab, apparently. Thanks! Still waiting for my Vanquish....

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to post that I inquired to Minelab via Facebook PM and they responded by saying that there will be an announcement in the coming weeks. (yes, weeks). Looks like I'll be hunting with the old 400 a while longer.

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am seeing unsubstantiated claims on the Minelab Facebook page that shipping to Europe will be end of January. No mention of USA.

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nearly a month after my last post and no confirmation that any loyal Minelab dealers in the US have anything in stock. Anybody else heard anything? I know it sounds silly, but I am old and stubborn and don't want to support Amazon or the Big Box stores anymore than necessary. Our hobby is best served by knowledgeable dealers and that is who I want to support. :)

doubloon hunter

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got a vanquish in usa last week.... just call around, they are out there.....

OP
OP
A

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!

I am wondering what's going on with Kellyco, then? Mine has been on pre-order with them since my wife ordered it in December. Their website as of this morning still says pre-order. So, next question is, has anybody gotten one from Kellco yet? :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread