Avast Me Hearties! The Curse Of The Skull And Bones Be Broken! (Oh Carp, Not Yet...)

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the curse of the wretched skull and bones jewelry was broken for a few hours today, at least. I hit an older school yard and just did the lawn inside of the oval walking track, which I did last month and found three rings. I tightened up the grid and went real slow, and dug iffy signals like I promised I would. The results were FOUR rings within 30 minutes! Now the curse was reversed by finding this little gem right here...

skullwings1.jpg skullwings2.jpg
A pretty little hand carved filigreed gold ring, marked 10K and weighing in at 1.8 grams. It has a "Y" monogram, same as my last name!:headbang::hello2::laughing7:
It rang up a solid, repeatable 48 on the ATPro at two inches down. What a sight for sore eyes!

It was to be one of five rings total that I found at that school. The others are all kiddie bling rings with worn off plating and one alumi-ring.

skullwings4.jpg

I went to another school that always gives up the jewelry and was content to find an alien n' flying saucer pendant and a Hello Kitty earring.

skullwings3.jpg

As the day wound down, my goodie bag loaded with gold, bling and clad...IT HAPPENED. I got a solid 78 on the ATPro and was hoping to see a small silver ring in the plug. Nooooooooooo, I flipped this out...

skullwings5.jpg ARGH!:BangHead: Not another cursed skull bling! It was on a chain and complete, at least. It is actually a Rock and Roll themed necklace, as evident by how the chain formed this pattern when I set it down....:laughing7:
skullwings6.jpg

I guess I will have to embrace the skull and bones jewelry, because I sure can't beat it. The only thing that would make it better is if it was gold, silver, or platinum! Thank for looking, hope you enjoyed the rant. Happy Hunting to all. Sub 8-)

Upvote 20

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds and Nice Gold! :occasion14:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SWEET RINGS AND WILD AWS SKULL NECKLACE ..

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats on the gold. BUT, you sure find some ugly jewelry. (I would be tickled to find it also though)

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I passed on a few upper 40's hits today---had to cherry pick with the looming rain. nice save. glad it wasn't one of those half pull tabs that pretend to be a nic on edge or small gold :-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See we told you the good stuff would appear!
Congrats nice gold ring!
As for the skulls....it must be a fad of some kind!

I am skull, silver & gold free! Lol! It was a clad weekend, with a side of can slaw!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still, quite the day sir! Good job!

Just an aside, what does your ground balance at? :icon_scratch:

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Sub. Nice ones...I gotta say you have been digging some weird jewelry lately. Good Luck. C9

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still, quite the day sir! Good job!

Just an aside, what does your ground balance at? :icon_scratch:

Thanks Whadi, Our Ozark plateau soil is mineralized red clay with limestone rock cobble. So, my machine usually balances out in the 78-80 VDI range. Sub 8-)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Whadi, Our Ozark plateau soil is mineralized red clay with limestone rock cobble. So, my machine usually balances out in the 78-80 VDI range. Sub 8-)

Thanks! You see, I'm always curious how the depths compare. Most of my ground balancing is around 90-91!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread