Average wheaties per box?

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick question for the penny searchers....
How many wheaties do you AVG per box???

I didn't get my half order in so I started working on a $25 Brink's box of pennies last night. First roll I opened, 2nd coin I looked at was a 1920!!!
Through 20 rolls I have found 7 wheats, which would put me at a 17.5 per box AVG. Is this close to what the rest of you get? This is my first go at pennies. Will post totals when I finish the box.

Thanks and HH to all,
Legend

Upvote 0

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
My average is around 10. If I get 20 that's a good box. If I get less than 8, it's below average.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I got 5 from a $25 box. Most I think was 32. Average is somewhere inbetween those numbers... ;D

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
legend76 said:
Quick question for the penny searchers....
How many wheaties do you AVG per box???

I didn't get my half order in so I started working on a $25 Brink's box of pennies last night. First roll I opened, 2nd coin I looked at was a 1920!!!
Through 20 rolls I have found 7 wheats, which would put me at a 17.5 per box AVG. Is this close to what the rest of you get? This is my first go at pennies. Will post totals when I finish the box.

Thanks and HH to all,
Legend

Average in the east is about 9 - 11 per box. Average in west is about 6 - 8 per box. From many people posting before.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last 6 dunbar boxes skunks, the brinks average 10 to 12 wheats :thumbsup:
HH...Miner

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
The average weight for a box of Wheaties in my area is sold by weight not volume. Most grocery stores offer discounts when products are within months of expiring. Didn't some sports star used to do Wheaties commercials back in the day?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread