signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this:
The most important think you should avoid to become successful in life are negative people. These people are like weeds and they would stunt your development and stop you from reaching your dreams. They have nothing to offer as the wallow in their problems and fail to focus on solutions. They are energy suckers and you will feel drained being around them. So you shouldn’t surround yourself with such kind of people. Be around people who will bring a smile to your face, fill your heart with joy and push you toward greatness.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this:
The most important think you should avoid to become successful in life are negative people. These people are like weeds and they would stunt your development and stop you from reaching your dreams. They have nothing to offer as the wallow in their problems and fail to focus on solutions. They are energy suckers and you will feel drained being around them. So you shouldn’t surround yourself with such kind of people. Be around people who will bring a smile to your face, fill your heart with joy and push you toward greatness.
I was going to post on another thread about do dowsing rods work but it is closed.

The skeptics do not understand much about locating. They confuse lrl’s, dowsing, and psychic stuff. Big difference between these and a big mistake to lump them all together.

blauer

Jun 17, 2014
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other
I was going to post on another thread about do dowsing rods work but it is closed.

The skeptics do not understand much about locating. They confuse lrl’s, dowsing, and psychic stuff. Big difference between these and a big mistake to lump them all together.
Yet this forum is filled with phrases like "mystic rod" and "psychic activity".

This is called magical thinking and it is an ERROR is logical thought.

alf1978

Greenie
Nov 14, 2022
Hi chaps is it true the persons aura that is thinking negative or acting negative shrinks on the opposite when a person is happy his or her aura expands ? Just mixing up the convo :tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Saw this:
There's a optimistic, the pessimistic, then there's the realistic way of doing things.
I side with being optimistic mostly when looking at things/tasks/hunting.
I look at people a tad pessimistic, until they have a say.
As I face the fact the body is wearing down, and the mind still is wanting to do everything, realistic then kicks me in the ass.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a optimistic, the pessimistic, then there's the realistic way of doing things.
I side with being optimistic mostly when looking at things/tasks/hunting.
I look at people a tad pessimistic, until they have a say.
As I face the fact the body is wearing down, and the mind still is wanting to do everything, realistic then kicks me in the ass.
Yes, overly optimistic is to be avoided.

If you think about beginner’s luck, the person does not have any developed negative biases. In dowsing it is so easy to just blink your eyes and say “No, nothing here.” Some people are subconsciously afraid of any kind of wealth. Don’t want to be some rich, evil person.

I read a book about keeping positive, The guy said if you fill yourself with positive emotions, there’s not much room left for the negative.

I’m not any kind of counselor so I don’t know how a person might correct their problems. Part of being confident is doing the legwork ahead of time.

Keep active in your practicing. Sometimes I get bored and have to change the routine.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yet this forum is filled with phrases like "mystic rod" and "psychic activity".

This is called magical thinking and it is an ERROR is logical thought.
You must have a PHD in treasure hunting thanks for your input....

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree 100 percent.....have had to distance myself from those energy sucking, negative minded, grumpy, depressed people. Sometimes it has hurt me to say ...... don't come by, lose my number, stop talking about me, and leave me alone. Fortunately I have had to do this only a few times in my life !! But it hurts each time for a little while after you sever ties......in the long term I think it was best for both parties involved. We are all probably a bit better off for it, and I have been able to have small interactions, and courteous conversations with these ex friends.....I would call them acquaintances now. It has revolutionized my life, and you never realize in the moment how much energy these people sap out of you.....this is only realized after the fact. You feel peace and and a sense of relief once these relationships are shed and abandoned.

You can't soar with the eagles if your down in the dirt with the dogs !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time one of these people gut punched me and knocked the wind out of me....
Hers what he said......metal detecting is the dumbest most stupid thing you could waist your time on. Your just wasting time picking up change and trash. You look like a little kid just pretending your a treasure hunter. You should throw that detector in the trash, and do something productive you idiot !!
And this is the type of friend I was hanging with.....total domination and control is what he wanted.....just a sick person, who couldn't believe he was sick and needed help.....so farewell and goodbye buddy !!

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't need one, since it has nothing to do with treasure hunting, and everything to do with critical thinking.

I've found my share of treasure with a little research and careful thinking. The most powerful tool we have is our big brains and reasoning mind.

It saddens me people still believe in magical things outside of themselves when the real wonders lie within.

Maybe I can ask Santa to bring me some magic sticks to find treasure. Ho ho ho.
It's sadderns me to see you so sad , you really shouldn't worry about the ...magic sticks they won't hurt you and your negativity will never let you use them...

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Saw this:
As a counselor (not trying to come across as a know it all as I have a lot to learn), there is considerable research that the brain has a negativity bias as a protective mechanism. In other words, part of its job is to scan for threats, worry, and look for what’s wrong. Kind of like it’s default mode, although it can be sidestepped with attention and effort. Couldn’t help but add my 2 cents. Thanks for posting!!

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
As a counselor (not trying to come across as a know it all as I have a lot to learn), there is considerable research that the brain has a negativity bias as a protective mechanism. In other words, part of its job is to scan for threats, worry, and look for what’s wrong. Kind of like it’s default mode, although it can be sidestepped with attention and effort. Couldn’t help but add my 2 cents. Thanks for posting!!
Btw, I should have not said “research”. It’s more like “theories”. Not sure how much empirical research has been conducted in the subject. Falls within the realm of cognitive psychology.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw, I should have not said “research”. It’s more like “theories”. Not sure how much empirical research has been conducted in the subject. Falls within the realm of cognitive psychology.
Once bitten, twice shy. This can get programmed into you brain. Not “can”, it does. “I’m never doing that again!”

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once bitten, twice shy. This can get programmed into you brain. Not “can”, it does. “I’m never doing that again!”
Flaming enthusiasm backed up by horse sense and persistence is the quality that most frequently makes for success.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blauer, this is the dousing forum...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Read that and the first thing that pops up in the mind is
“I’m never doing that again!”=The school of hard knocks.
Though with many things in life it's like playing baseball the 3 strikes and it's out rule regardless.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread