Avondale Pennsylvania Cache - *Updated* 10-13-2007

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
cman1348 said:
The guy with the detector on wheels is Rob in KS... I sent him an email several months ago asking how he went about building his machine(very cool). Concerning the 42merc.. I gave it and the other 9 cents that I found to the home owner. I've got jar full of merc's and I think that Ocean7 does as well... A little good will goes a long way. Ocean7 and I will definately hit the site again. I think that there's alot of targets there... Also alot of JUNK...

Aint no way to go beneath the junk mask without removing it or moving a lot of dirt. A lot of guys say that certain detectors will discriminate a merc sitting below an iron bar...THAT my friend is B.S. Only way to get at ALL the targets within range of your detector is to move a lot of junk too. So either sift it or dig everything. Good luck and get yourself one of Rob in KS' machines. It will ignore the shallow small stuff and hit deep large objects (ie the stolen silver and gold and any buried vehicles)

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
actually a two-box doesn't pickup small junk either. If I can't find it with a two-box and my Minelab - it'll have to wait for the next guy! ;D

also I pretty much listen to von Mueller, Carson, Warnke, Garrett, and Lagal when it comes to these things. People pushing anything on the Net - well I'll leave that for the next guy too! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread