Awesome box of nickels (With pics)

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Let me preface this by saying I know most of you guys don't care much about nickels, but this is a pretty cool box here... Another obvious collection dump.

As of late, I've been frustrated with rising silver prices and no silver halves around... add on the fact that my car broke down on my way to work last Wednesday, and I've been having a lot of trouble getting to and from banks without my girlfriend. However, I convinced her to stop by a bank on my way back to work after lunch, and I picked up a box of dimes and a box of nickels. The dimes yielded one lonely '53 Roosie. The nickels...

14 Buffs. All from Philly. Years are 23, 25, 27x2, 28, 29x4, 35, 36x3, 37.
IMAG0127.jpg

Then a single '43-P war nickel, a high-AU '39-P, a Bermuda nickel, and about a roll of pre-60's.
IMAG0128.jpg

All the kids together...
IMAG0129.jpg

Still don't think it beats the '31-S Buff I picked up last week. ;D

Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet cache of coins you found!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Very nice! I once spent some war nickles, not knowing at the time what they were.. Now I know.. Since then I've been looking for one, but have only found other silvers. Just the other day I got a dateless buffalo nick in pocket change I was like WOW.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome box of nickels! My best only had 5 and i've done hundreds of boxes. Congrats!

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great box Ltrain, wait till Kantuckkeean reads this post he loves the nickels. Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:
HH...Miner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread