awesome coin machine find

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumping my halves from last fri and about half way through need a bag change so the teller comes over and opens the machine and gives out an "oohhh" and then asks did you loses 2 $5s? Without hesitation I say oh ya thanks and she pulls out two $5bills from the machine where the coins spin around till they drop in their respective bags- how they didnt jam up the machine I dont know but cant beat being up $10 on your dump

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That was an awesome and unusual coin counter find. A couple of months ago I noticed a wadded up $1 bill on the spinner inside a coin counter at one of my dump banks. I told one of the tellers and she opened the machine and got it out but the bank kept the bill. Just never know what, when and where u might find something good/and or unusual with this hobby.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's neat. Believe it or not, I once found a $2 bill inside of a coin machine before... It was a green seal though.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Twice I've found a $1 bill in the coin machine. I'm waiting for the day I find a $100 bill.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome! Twice I've found a $1 bill in the coin machine. I'm waiting for the day I find a $100 bill.

I think I can top the $100 bill wish. Early last year at one of my dump banks, I had a coin jam on the self-counting machine near the door. Teller came over to clear problem, I then asked her if I can have the contents of the "inner reject bin where all the foreign matter goes, emptied into a small bag to look at it at home; got home later, and found a 14k man's gold ring (my size) with 5-stones inset". Have yet to have it appraised to see if stones are real, til then it's the best piece of jewelry I have to wear.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
My best find was a roll of dimes. Someone had put a entire roll in the coin counter. I had a teller open up the machine and she let me have the roll. No silver in the roll but $5 is a great dump find!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found a men's gold ring inside of a coin machine too... mine was 10k.
I think I can top the $100 bill wish. Early last year at one of my dump banks, I had a coin jam on the self-counting machine near the door. Teller came over to clear problem, I then asked her if I can have the contents of the "inner reject bin where all the foreign matter goes, emptied into a small bag to look at it at home; got home later, and found a 14k man's gold ring (my size) with 5-stones inset". Have yet to have it appraised to see if stones are real, til then it's the best piece of jewelry I have to wear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread