Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2016
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was given permission to hunt on some property that is about 500 acres of semi thick woods. Looking up the history of the property there was a school in the middle of the woods that was burnt down by jay hawkers during the civil war. I couldn't seem to find any evidence or remains of any building or structure anywhere until I came across a well. I causiously detected around the well but only turned up square nails. So I decided to tie a rope to my AT and lowered it down the well (about 14 feet to bottom) it went off like the 4th of July. Now I am half crazy at times and have been known to throw caution to the wind if there is a chance of finding a rare artifact of sorts but this is unfamiliar territory. I can usually gauge the level of stupidity or risk of climbing in building or structures that are half rotten but the idea of the walls caving in on me at the bottom of a well is honestly the only thing keeping me from going in. Some treasures are just not worth the risk. Has anyone ever climed in to a well before? It "seems" solid and doesn't appear to have loose bricks or signs of caving in but you never know. Anyone have any experience in going in old wells? Here are the picks of the well.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    638.2 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    951.8 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    744.3 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    867 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    740.1 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 9

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sharpi65

Greenie
Oct 28, 2013
central florida
Detector(s) used
havent in a long time
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any fines? Also you can tied a camara to a rope to check before going down

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be getting to the bottom of it ...like, tomorrow. I would recommend making some sort of covering for the hole, so that any animals or unsuspecting humans don't tumble into it, especially if they are alone without a phone.Keep us posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread