AWESOME FIND TODAY!!!!

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett "Ace 250", Garrett "Groundhog", BH "Tracker IV", Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know to some of you this is probably not a big deal but it is my first. A 1887 Indian and i am THIRLLED!!! Finally, a find that has made everything up to this point worth while. :headbang:

2.jpg

1.jpg

Upvote 25

echodog

Oct 29, 2012
Great looking IH!!! My first is in a frame with other firsts I smile every time I look at them. Congrats!!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! That is one hell of a first great find! The majority of them are toasted, but yours looks great!! Great digs dude.

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think the IH coin is one of the most beautiful ever minted. I love finding them. Nice save!

IMDIGGINIT

Greenie
Feb 14, 2013
Mineola,tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great! Congrats on the Indian Head. I found my first real find today as well...1941 Mercury Dime! Man am I stoked!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would be thrilled too,they are such a pretty coin.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol, i found one with that date just the other day, ... the environment kinda messes with indianhead cents, they can ring in as pretty much anything.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
P47RCFlyer

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again everyone. My co-worker and i went downtown here where we live to an old house site. It was built in 1879 so we figured that would be a good place to check. The house was moved offsite a few years ago and the vacant clean lot is all that's left. With permission, we searched it most of the day and it paid off. My hunting buddy "jgnichols" found a 1921 wheatie that is in great shape next to the sidewalk. I located mine in the back yard area. As you all know, it was just one of those moments that you feel like a million bucks, LOL.

OP
OP
P47RCFlyer

P47RCFlyer

Jan 16, 2013
White Oak, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great! Congrats on the Indian Head. I found my first real find today as well...1941 Mercury Dime! Man am I stoked!

Congrats to you as well. It is truly a great feeling.:icon_thumright:

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice IH keep on plugging along hope you find many more

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Nice one[/FONT]:hello2:

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first IH was from the same year. Also, first Wheat was a 1945D also. Firsts are always big deals in this hobby. ;)

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Just a bit of advice- next one you find don't use water - just use a toothpick & I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I think a lot of people that find so called "toasty" IHs are using water (or other harsh chemicals) & ruining the coin. I don't use water on any coppers I find(anymore). Most of my IHs turn out great using this method, here's 3 I found this weekend using this method (still s little work to do) Not trying to take away from your post, just offering some helpful advice for future finds. HH!

Attachments

• image-2038738667.jpg
    image-2038738667.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 86

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread