Awesome hunt but at the end my coil broke on me...

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I made it out on a hunt (only been out 2 times in the last 30 days) and metup with D-Dub & Lookin4seated for a 3hr hunt. This was exactly what I needed after a long stretch of not having the time to detect!!! We hunted in 2 different spots - 1 was in the woods and the other was in a park that was being graded. Twards the end of my hunt I noticed that I was only getting foil signals, even over coins that I tossed on the ground. I swept the coil over my shovel which always gives me an over load signal but nope - just foil signals!!! I checked the connections, and removed the coil cover but that didn't help either, I even did a master rest but I still only get foil readings and tones... This was my 2nd coil that I went through in about 2.5yrs. So its going back to Minelab... :'(

Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds for sure :icon_thumleft: got to love those dug up fields ,lesson # 1 never go out without a backup coil :laughing9: yea i did it once also 9.5 DFX stock coil cracked on me after all 260lbs of me stepped on it >:(
Good hunt Dd60

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Same thing happened to me last Saturday. First hunt in about 3 weeks and my first 10 or so signals sounded like nickels. The kicker was when I went over a beer can and only got a nickel signal when the coil was two or three inches away from the can. Ran home and air tested a few coins and they all sounded like nickels. The sunray worked fine, though, so I knew it wasn't something in the control box.

Got my new Pro Coil yesterday and went out for a two hour test hunt. I can't believe how stable it runs, and I was able to really crank up the sensitivity. Good luck and hope you get your new coil soon! Love the videos.

MP

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Enjoy your video's but I can't believe you don't carry a back up detector or coil with you. Never leave home with out one!
HH and keep up the good work.

Desertfox

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
spectacular hunt guys! sorry to hear about your coil.have a safe 4th of july :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread