Awesome Hunt with Tnet Friends Produces Spanish Silver, Civil War & Chinese Relics!

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Hunt with Tnet Friends Produces Spanish Silver, Civil War & Chinese Relics!

I had a great past 4 days in the Northwestern Virginia Mountains saving some history with some great guys! We stayed in an awesome cabin in the mountains right beside a creek, it was beautiful! Carolina Tom & I rode up Thursday to meet up with RelicNut & Damnails. We stopped to check out a homesite, I wandered in an adjoining field & discovered a strictly late 1700s site. I was very happy to pull the 1786 half reale, children's shoe buckle & early buttons! We hunted a few more sites over the weekend & found a great variety from colonial, Civil War & even a couple of Chinese artifacts. Damnails found a beautiful seated half dime. It was a much needed vacation & my time could not have been spent any better. Great people, scenery, relics & food! Thanks so much to Relic Nut & Damnails for a great time! (The native trout was awesome). 1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 6a.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 10.png 11.png 12.png

Upvote 37
OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you fellas had an outstanding time. Now, Tom has said so many things about you as a hunter and I see that they’re all completely incorrect. You can find stuff with your detector and score big! Looks like you had an excellent hunt and a time with friends that you’ll remember forever. Between those tombacs and rat tail, you were getting well into colonial. Those tombacs can easily be mid-century

Lol I’m sure he has. I have found tombacs in Rev War sites but didn’t think they dated much older than that, good to know. It was definitely a great time

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds! Congrats!

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunting trip with awesome saves, great presentation with the photos and labeling, congratulations

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I enjoyed this thread very much, thanks for posting. Second thread posted on this trip, I believe. You guys back east make me feel like a child looking for mid century silver and such.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome scores Josh, what machine were you using during the trip? I still enjoy your posts and the pics you do, I wish I had your skills. Funny how 3 machines go over a sweet silver target and yet only one gives a good enough beep for someone to dig. I bet you enjoyed being "OFF the GRID" man you know you're in the sticks when you need to find a certain intersection in the middle of BFE to get a bar or 2 on your phone, or have to drive miles to a small old fashioned general store to get connectivity.

I bet the best treasure discovered during the trip was the new friendships and comradery had by all.

OP
OP
mangum

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome scores Josh, what machine were you using during the trip? I still enjoy your posts and the pics you do, I wish I had your skills. Funny how 3 machines go over a sweet silver target and yet only one gives a good enough beep for someone to dig. I bet you enjoyed being "OFF the GRID" man you know you're in the sticks when you need to find a certain intersection in the middle of BFE to get a bar or 2 on your phone, or have to drive miles to a small old fashioned general store to get connectivity.

I bet the best treasure discovered during the trip was the new friendships and comradery had by all.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I was using the T2 classic, basically all I use. I did really enjoy being off the grid, it suits me. I grew up in the country but live in the big city. It's always great to make new friends especially ones that like to detect!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread