Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been able to get out a few times over the last two weeks. The temperature here has been awesome for December and has allowed me to get out and dig a few more keepers for the year. I got in two good hunts at an old school spot where the school is long gone and is now just an empty lot. I was able to get permission to hunt and got the normal response of "it's been gone over a few times by some guys" and I replied the same with "maybe they left me a few things" and went on down to hunt. Well after two hunts about 2 hours each I ended up with 9 silver coins, 7 Buffalos, a nice 1882 Indian and the normal handful of Wheaties. I also found a cool Chicago World's Fair token from the 30's and one of my favorite finds this year, I dug right at dark last night, is the sterling Paratrooper Jump Wings. I'm very happy to have dug these. I imagine they are WWII era according to some of the other finds like the 2 War Nickels, but I'm not for sure. Another cool find I made from an old house site was the 1943 2 Francs from the Vichy Regime of France during WWII. It says "WORK-FAMILY-FATHERLAND" It never gets old digging and researching the little pieces of history we find. I included another group of finds from another old school site that I've had good luck with and pulled a few more keepers from there last week as well. I hope this spring like weather holds out a little while longer for us all. Good luck & Happy Hunting! David
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027481.594902.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027513.394474.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027534.772019.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027569.072601.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027586.279489.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027608.408909.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 23

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I was a bit wrong. There was a change to jump wings. They originally had a clasp (pin) back:

View attachment 1247104

...and sometime later changed to the double pin design:

View attachment 1247107

Those two pins were pounded into my chest at graduation.

Mike

Wow I bet that felt great to have those pounded in. Appreciate your service!
The one I found is the single pin style. I know they had different hallmarks/companies over the years and those can help ID an age on the wings.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most excellent finds. those wings are awesome!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I bet that felt great to have those pounded in. Appreciate your service!
The one I found is the single pin style. I know they had different hallmarks/companies over the years and those can help ID an age on the wings.

When you first graduate Jump School, you are so amped, you jump at anything that suits an "A" Type Personality! HOOWAAH! HAHAHA

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread