Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been able to get out a few times over the last two weeks. The temperature here has been awesome for December and has allowed me to get out and dig a few more keepers for the year. I got in two good hunts at an old school spot where the school is long gone and is now just an empty lot. I was able to get permission to hunt and got the normal response of "it's been gone over a few times by some guys" and I replied the same with "maybe they left me a few things" and went on down to hunt. Well after two hunts about 2 hours each I ended up with 9 silver coins, 7 Buffalos, a nice 1882 Indian and the normal handful of Wheaties. I also found a cool Chicago World's Fair token from the 30's and one of my favorite finds this year, I dug right at dark last night, is the sterling Paratrooper Jump Wings. I'm very happy to have dug these. I imagine they are WWII era according to some of the other finds like the 2 War Nickels, but I'm not for sure. Another cool find I made from an old house site was the 1943 2 Francs from the Vichy Regime of France during WWII. It says "WORK-FAMILY-FATHERLAND" It never gets old digging and researching the little pieces of history we find. I included another group of finds from another old school site that I've had good luck with and pulled a few more keepers from there last week as well. I hope this spring like weather holds out a little while longer for us all. Good luck & Happy Hunting! David
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027481.594902.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027513.394474.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027534.772019.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027569.072601.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027586.279489.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450027608.408909.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 23

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome stuff. The wings are cool! [emoji106]

Reelsnrods

Feb 13, 2013
Nantucket
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To bad that spot is all hunted out...great job��

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, congratulations. Silver wings are on my bucket list too. Sub 8-)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome scores. :headbang: You sure did great for pounded site, or else they did poorly. :occasion14: You pulled 2 to 3 months worth of keepers in 2 short hunts. You DA MAN... :notworthy:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Silver pin is very cool, don't recall another posted.
Anything worth seeing on the back side ? add a pic.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome scores. :headbang: You sure did great for pounded site, or else they did poorly. :occasion14: You pulled 2 to 3 months worth of keepers in 2 short hunts. You DA MAN... :notworthy:

Thanks Loco! I don't know how pounded this area was, but I wasn't the first guy on it. Which is like 99% of the places I hunt.

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finds are cool, but that is one pretty cat!!

Yeah that was a friendly cat. Walked by me the whole time I hunted. I've been telling everyone it's my new pinpointer... [emoji74]

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Silver pin is very cool, don't recall another posted.
Anything worth seeing on the back side ? add a pic.

Thanks Rick. The only thing on the back is sterling. I was hoping for a way to age them.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may be mistaken, but I don't believe basic jump wing design has changed since we started jumping out of airplanes in the 1940s. Eventually, they added Senior Parachutist and Master Parachutist Wings. I had a set of those punched into my chest by some Canadian General that officiated over my jump school graduation class (they call them Blood Wings).

Merry Christmas - Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread