9 morgan/peace dollars all in decent shape no special mm/dates $20 each
8 40% $3 each
24 silver quarters $3 each
10 90% halves (wl, bf, 64) $7 each
51 mixed dimes $1.50 each
1990 proof eagle in case $25
1994 proof eagle in case $25

Gave me everything for $500 even

Most pawn shops/we buy gold places will try to rip you off, but every once in awhile you will find one with good prices.

HH fellas!!!

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow with spot creeping up those are some decent buys- especially the proofs
He mustve totally ripped someone off or bought them when ag was $18
Anyways nice buys
-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you over paid on some of it, his prices were all over the place, $3 for a quarter and $1.50 for a dime? I would have likely grabbed the quarters and halves and that would have been about it.

Averaged out you did pretty damned good though which is where you should be keeping track of. $54 profit at todays spot price isnt too bad.

Quarters and halves had a total cost to you of $166 and they are worth $213, that is where your profit would have been maximized.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
2 ASE $23 each
9 morgan/peace dollars all in decent shape no special mm/dates $20 each
8 40% $3 each
24 silver quarters $3 each
10 90% halves (wl, bf, 64) $7 each
51 mixed dimes $1.50 each
1990 proof eagle in case $25
1994 proof eagle in case $25

Gave me everything for $500 even

Most pawn shops/we buy gold places will try to rip you off, but every once in awhile you will find one with good prices.

HH fellas!!!

Awesome buys??
That's amazing!!!!!!!!!! So jealous but I guess it's because I've never tried one of those before,
Thanks for sharing and giving me the idea!!
HH
Wicka

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you over paid on some of it, his prices were all over the place, $3 for a quarter and $1.50 for a dime? I would have likely grabbed the quarters and halves and that would have been about it...........

Quarters and halves were a steal, but the dimes were still under.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the 1994 proof is selling for $100-120 online, not bad for $25, the 1990 is fetching about $45-50. I'm guessing silver/coins isnt their specialty! They left some money on the table, but who knows what they bought it for - maybe they made out ok. The guy made several calls to "the boss" so I felt better about not taking advantage of the situation.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you over paid on some of it, his prices were all over the place, $3 for a quarter and $1.50 for a dime? I would have likely grabbed the quarters and halves and that would have been about it.

Averaged out you did pretty damned good though which is where you should be keeping track of. $54 profit at todays spot price isnt too bad.

Quarters and halves had a total cost to you of $166 and they are worth $213, that is where your profit would have been maximized.

OVER PAID??? Are you kidding? Joe tore that crap up. The dimes he "over paid" can be packaged up and sold to an online pm dealer wholesale for over $1.80 each. That was a freaking amazing buy. I agree the pricing was all over the place but none of it is even approaching over paid.

OO

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buys! If these are asking prices (or prices the shop will honor again), I would go back and scoop up more. You can easily find people to pay $9 each for the 90% halves and over $4 for the quarters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions