Awesome point.

Isaac28

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome point, but what is it?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg New to hunting and found this amazing point yesterday. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Can I get some info on this point? It is exactly 4" and was found in Missouri. Age? Type? Value (I have no interest in selling)? BTW, I can't figure out how to delete photos, sorry for all the pics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't help you with age, type or value...but that thing looks killer...someone else with excellent knowledge will chime in. Congrats!

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice find congrats HH

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet.
How did you find that point yesterday? just curious
Can you take a photo of the other side also?
For some reason it looks like it's mounted on a stand. And I don't see any sign of patina.
Maybe it's just the photo.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Isaac28

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg

Usually hunt a creek, but it was too high. Jumped into a small creek (more like a ditch) near by and saw about .5" of the point. Thought it was a broken tip.

OP
OP
I

Isaac28

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pulled it pretty much straight from the earth. Pretty sure it hasn't tumbled far if at all in a creek. It was near a man made drain that was put in under the road. The "creek" is more like a natural drain during heavy rains. There are two mounds within a mile and my friend has pulled 30+ artifacts the last several years. Hope this helps.

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have been heart-pounding fun..to pull the rest out and see it was whole!...I have tried to start taking photos of them before I pull them from the soil..sometimes it doesn't turn out to be worthy of a photo because it is just a tip..but sometimes it turns out to be a beauty..and you have a photo to look back at to remind you of what you saw that day...thanks for posting!

OP
OP
I

Isaac28

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@east lol. buddy was giving me trouble for not taking a pic of it in the ground. I'm a rookie. lol. I did take a pic when I found it. image.jpg

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are people here who know your area way better than me.
If I were to take a stab I would say it looks like a Mehlville style point.
good luck I'm sure you will get plenty of information here.

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site. I dont know the type but looks to be a nice center piece for a frame.

OP
OP
I

Isaac28

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the compliments. If you can send anyone to this post that can help give some more info it would be appreciated. Anxious to be able to do more research on it once I find out for sure what it is.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can we see some of the other points found in the area? Maybe your friend will let you post some of his finds so we can compare.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site. I dont know the type but looks to be a nice center piece for a frame.

I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it! That appears to be one heck of point. Congratulations!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a SWEETHEART!!!!! Your bit now for sure... CONGRATS.. HH

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Mehlville, and a nice one. My price guide says several hundred dollars for something of that caliber.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread