Awesome silver and a 3000 year old copper!!!!!

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Made a short hunt the other night and got a few coins so I decided to head back to that area this morning and it was worth it! I had gotten a rosie (64) and a real cool 1920 canadian silver half dime "never new they made them" so I had high hopes this morning and was'nt disappointed. I started with a sweet silver ring, I think it was a kids as its awful small then another rosie a 1946. It was'nt long and indians were appearing, a 1901 IHP and a 1920 buff nickle. I kept working the area back and forth listening for those faint signals like old Silverfreak is so famous for when I popped a nice 1925 SLQ "man those are fun" and the third so far this year! but the best was yet to come..... as I was making my way back to heading home I get a pretty strong copper signal and figured one more can't hurt so the dirt starts flying. After a fairly deep dig I run my Garrett propointer into the hole and get an instant reaction, I fish in the loose sand and come back with a super 3 inch copper conical arrowhead point!!!!!! Wow I have been waiting for this ever since I moved to Wisconsin and man it was sure exciting holding something you know was at least 3000 years ago since it has seen the light of day. Well I hope you all enjoy the pics and my other post of this last months finds.

HH
Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• SLQ and dime group.jpg
    SLQ and dime group.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,501
  • cunuck 5 cent back.jpg
    cunuck 5 cent back.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,500
  • copper arrowhead front.jpg
    copper arrowhead front.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,513
  • copper arrowhead back.jpg
    copper arrowhead back.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,522
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
pronghorn said:
pronghorn said:
Slipperyjack47 said:
Wow I have been waiting for this ever since I moved to Wisconsin and man it was sure exciting holding something you know was at least 3000 years ago since it has seen the light of day.

I'm not that up on copper artifacts, how do you know it is at least 3000 years old, if you don't mind?

Hello ? ? ? ? ? Is this thing on?

Sorry I did'nt answer back quickly pronghorn, I am pretty new to this area here in Northern Wisconsin but from what I gather there were a culture of indians that inhabited the upper parts of Michigan and Wisconsin that mined copper that was found close to the surface called float copper. They would pound this copper flat and then make the shapes needed to form the tools they wanted such as arrowheads,knives, and many other things. I know the Archies tell us that this culture was 3000 to 4000 years ago. If you type in "Copper culture" into google you'll get alot more and better info than I can give. Hope this helps and thanks for looking

Slipperyjack47

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go jack!! you found a ring too!!! sweet deal! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
rubberdiver13 said:
excellent arrow head.......................banner banner banner :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks alot RD, hopefully enough people will nominate it and we can see that nice copper point on that banner :thumbsup:

Slipperyjack47

Fistfulladirt said:
Jack you are the master! Congrats on those awesome relics! FFD

I don't know about that Duane, but I sure am havin a great year up here in the north and been watching your posts and see you are too...Thanks Bud

Slipperyjack47

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
TeddyB1967 said:
Here's a site with some interesting information for pronghorn http://copperculture.homestead.com/ i bookmarked it to go back and finish reading more. It's very interesting.

Thanks for the link Teddy.
very interesting and news to me, so much to learn, so little time!

Slipperyjack47 said:
Sorry I did'nt answer back quickly pronghorn, I am pretty new to this area here in Northern Wisconsin but from what I gather there were a culture of indians that inhabited the upper parts of Michigan and Wisconsin that mined copper that was found close to the surface called float copper. They would pound this copper flat and then make the shapes needed to form the tools they wanted such as arrowheads,knives, and many other things. I know the Archies tell us that this culture was 3000 to 4000 years ago. If you type in "Copper culture" into google you'll get alot more and better info than I can give. Hope this helps and thanks for looking

Slipperyjack47

Sorry for my impatience, I should have better manners. Thanks for the explanation and
congratulations on your 3000+ year old artifact!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great day. T-net also has a copper culture area where people from mostly the north hunt the copper artifacts.I have learned much from them.It is an amazing find from an amazing cultural period.Thank you for sharing your hunt.
TnMountains

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Awesome finds Jack! Glad to see that no matter where you go you manage to dig up the good stuff! Congrats my friend.

UK Stan

Greenie
Mar 9, 2009
Hey.

First post and what a great site, it's soooo coooooool.

That is just an awesome find. WTG. Hi 5.

Stan.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing :o :o :o must deserve a BANNER SPOT :thumbsup: (welcome UK Stan)

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice relics and coins :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread