Awesome token!!

Kk77

May 7, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I haven't posted in a while!! Anyway yesterday my padre and I went Detecting and found this!! It's a token and I can't find a lot of information about it but I'm thinking it's from the 1940's. On the front , which is hard to see, is a canon with an eagle standing on the barrel. On the back it says good for 5 cents in trade two bros monroe la. Any info if possible would be awesome thanks for looking and hh!!!

IMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0342.JPG

Upvote 12

metaldetectinggod

Sep 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Niceeee, old tokens are always my favorite, I always give out a nice high tone from my mouth and scare the living s*** out of everyone nearby :D

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!!!Don't know what it is but looks like a good old one!!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! I always love finding something mysterious and then researching it...I see you maimed it with your digger...I wouldn't normally point that out...only I did the SAME THING to a beautiful Indian Cent I dug yesterday...great find...good luck on your search...please post your findings...ddf

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I highly doubt your token was made in 1944. That was during WW2 and copper was scarce. LA has been used as an abbreviation for Louisiana since 1831. Your token is probably much older than you think. I find absolutely no record online of Two Brothers. Are you near Monroe? Might be a good idea to go to the library there and search local history. Could actually be a very rare token and collectable even in the SS condition (Slightly Scratched)

Great find and one I would for sure be researching to see when they were in business.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your token find.
There seems to be some kind of confusion over what LA, stands for. I remember a conversation at a Harley Dealer in Mobile, Alabama. One of the locals stated that he was from LA. He had a deep south drawl. I mentioned that he sure didn't sound like he was from Los Angeles. He replied, no, no, no. LA,, which stands for Lower Alabama. lol

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! That type of diework (Eagle on Cannon) is from around 1900. I suspect it was inspired by the Spanish American War, but have no proof for that. Your token is not listed in Crawford & Farber's LA Trade Tokens book, nor is it on tokencatalog.com. Please post it there and hopefully someone will be able to research who those brothers were.
John in the Great 208

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice token find! :icon_thumleft:
I haven't found nearly enough of them myself.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's definitely a Monroe,La token. That's a great find. It could possibly be from a saloon or liquor store owned by the Webb brothers.? By the way, I thinks it's older than 1940's

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread