Saturday civil war lead and a first for me

richeysd76

Oct 28, 2013
spotsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Garrett at pro, fisher f4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out to a new spot for a couple hours on saturday. The spot has been hit hard over the years so I wasn't expecting much. But after a half hour or so I got my first decent signal that turned out to be a bullet that has been cut in half. After that we had nothing to show in that part of the field so we moved around to another side and my first signal worth digging was a confederate 2 ringer so that got me pumped up a little . Well after probably a 100 pull tabs and beer cans I got another good signal. After I got the plug out I could see a piece of smashed round lead figured it was just a smashed buckshot but then I turned it over I could see the eagle imprinted in it , I've found quite a few eagle buttons but this is a first. After doing some research I found that soldiers would melt lead into their buttons if the back fell off and put a shank on it. Mine doesn't have a shank so maybe it was just a bored soldier killing time. Thanks for looking 20170205_172245.jpg 20170205_172050.jpg 20170205_174425.jpg

Upvote 4

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great find!!! I'd love to find that. I've only seen one other. Congratulations!

HH, RN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions