Awesome Union Pacific Railroad token a few wheats and a lighter part.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is why you dig those bottle cap signals folks. The Aluminum token was in an area of a lot of junk and aluminum can parts. Sure it was ignored by at least 3 people I know that have also gone here.

The few hours i spent at the old spring area I like also yielded a 1918 wheat, a 1920 wheat and the top of an old lighter. Maybe more if I hadn't been on the phone trying to get a replacement for my car rim that's bent and won't balance I would have found more.

Attachments

• 20201027_192653.jpg
    20201027_192653.jpg
    634.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Upvote 20

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found one of those last year! Yours is a lot nicer though, aluminum doesn't come out too nice up year. Congrats!

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I really like the old lighter! Thanks for sharing with us.

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all. Very lacking in tokens so this is a welcome addition. Any ideas on lighter age?
Rim found though apparently the warranty only covers it for 330 miles and I'm at 500. So while im getting a discount it's still like $200... Better keep digging those quarters heck better make it $10 gold pieces at this point lol. This whole upgrade project has been expense after expenses. Local garage hacked up my new rear pads so they squeak like all heck, chipped the finish off 2 rims on install. So now I've been stuck buying new rear pads, 2 new rims at full price, 1 discounted and new hub assemblies because apparently the beck/arnley aftermarket ones won't fit extended studs with the oem style 14.35mm knurl. Needed a 5mm spacers so my front calipers didn't whack off my valve stem caps and original studs weren't long enough. Should have all the parts this week. Warehouses are really close.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice token, especially Railroad related!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice token find. I found one of those a few years back. (A little history) - The tokens were made from left over aluminum that they had used to build the train in 1934.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are cool tokens. Here is one I found last December. Mine doesn't have the 1934 date.
Lucky - F.jpg Lucky - B.jpg

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a neat token. Thanks everyone for their comments. Lighter is what's called a lift arm lighter. That design seems to be common in the 1920s 1930s.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome token RR stuff are my favorate finds thats freakin cool Great job on the finds.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
The UP token and penny are from my Great grand pops’ stuff. The ‘22 dog tag was his best dog “Kelly” a german Shepherd that would run down a coyote and than hold down in a death grip and not fight and tear up the coyotes hide while he loped up and dispatched the coyote with a .22short.
There wasn't a hwy and he lived close to the “Y” turn around (wye) cant think..
Dang train ran over Kelly....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread