Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was Quick AP !

Looks like it will be Hard to
Brake or Bend one of these ;D

I'll Let you know how it works when I Can get out.

THANKS MUCH !

Jeff

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat just told me about the cap :D

I Never noticed ;D

Is that for Extra Smokes
to calm down after that $20.00 Gold Find? :tongue3:

Picture.jpg

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I fill my handle with 12 year old scotch so I can steal a nip or two while in the park! :icon_thumleft: Actualy I have a toothbrush that I cut the handle down to fit inside. Great for cleaning coins & such while in the field! :)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
I fill my handle with 12 year old scotch so I can steal a nip or two while in the park! :icon_thumleft: Actualy I have a toothbrush that I cut the handle down to fit inside. Great for cleaning coins & such while in the field! :)

Great Idea !

(the Tooth Brush, Not the Nip of scotch)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learn something new everyday, huh Jeff? :tongue3: That's where you stash your M&Ms :laughing7:
No really, you will be quite pleased with your "Mighty AP" digger, I am. :headbang:

:wink: RR

S

stefen

Kinda wondered when the MIGHTY AP would be back with his awesome tool...er, shovel....er, diggin thingy...

For the more recent members...you need to check this digger out

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anny info? i think i remember seeing something like this.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
MXT, I dont know that I ever posted on these but a few members that I have given them to have......try this link. This was posted by a member a couple years ago.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,74000.0.html

I have no way of tempering a blade so I make these out of 4 inch stainless sanitary pipe, scrap that is laying around my shop. They work very well in grass & sod but the tips can be bent if overdone in gravel & rocks. When I started detecting some yahoo in a shop tried to convince me that I needed to drop $60 on a lesche, Im a fabricator/welder fer God sake. I decided right there that I was gonna make one & spend that $60 on good scotch! :icon_thumleft: Im thinking of trying a different aproach, making the blade out of carbon steel & trying to temper it. Got a rosebud, no oven so we'll see how things go. I love the titanium diggers you make, Id love to try to make something like that for myself, never worked with the stuff before. I may come runnin to you for good advice........ :)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you getting back into making these Mighty Man? You need to start selling them. Mine is a dandy and probably will never wear out. You're the man all right. Monty

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
LOL! Thanks Monty, I will never sell them, its just a hobby, my little way of giving back to some of the members who give so much on this site. I want to make a couple & send to Mental Granny to be given away at the "Stoney Memorial Hunt" as prizes. Crap. I best get busy eh? :D

S

stefen

Mighty AP said:
LOL! Thanks Monty, I will never sell them, its just a hobby, my little way of giving back to some of the members who give so much on this site. I want to make a couple & send to Mental Granny to be given away at the "Stoney Memorial Hunt" as prizes. Crap. I best get busy eh? :D

Where and when?

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Mighty AP said:
MXT, I dont know that I ever posted on these but a few members that I have given them to have......try this link. This was posted by a member a couple years ago.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,74000.0.html

I have no way of tempering a blade so I make these out of 4 inch stainless sanitary pipe, scrap that is laying around my shop. They work very well in grass & sod but the tips can be bent if overdone in gravel & rocks. When I started detecting some yahoo in a shop tried to convince me that I needed to drop $60 on a lesche, Im a fabricator/welder fer God sake. I decided right there that I was gonna make one & spend that $60 on good scotch! :icon_thumleft: Im thinking of trying a different aproach, making the blade out of carbon steel & trying to temper it. Got a rosebud, no oven so we'll see how things go. I love the titanium diggers you make, Id love to try to make something like that for myself, never worked with the stuff before. I may come runnin to you for good advice........ :)

Very nice! Don't know about much about heat treating carbon steel with dat rosebud, Maybe Number9 could chime in here. He seems to be the guru when it comes to metal.
If you do decide try your hand at titanium, you will find it works about the same as 316 ss only "sticky'er" if you know what I mean. At least thats my experience with grade 2 ti. Other grades don't know.

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Mighty AP said:

Your heart is definatly in the right place AP!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
stefen said:
Mighty AP said:

Where and when?

Its the CTH3 hunt in memory of Stoney........look in TN member hunts. I believe its in mid May in Caldwell Kansas. :)

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I sure hope to win one of these at the upcoming hunt! Great work!
Baggins

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:

Mighty your tha man.. i have to say that you honor the name of us treasure hunters.. giving them away is very generous.. and honoring Stoney is just enough to give a grown man tears to his eyes.. i say again you tha man .. i am just sorry i will not be able to join that hunt.

USTiger

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about some JACK and some M&M's :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions