All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1001082136a.jpg
    1001082136a.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 205
Upvote 0
S

stefen

Looks like a possible :censored:..or maybe a Leverite...

Last edited by a moderator:

stevefox

Nov 13, 2012
Elk County, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT and I love it.
I recommend taking more and better pics then posting on the Native American forum. It sure looks good.

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am out here and have decades of knowledge on WA state cultures and lithics.....but we do need better pics from many angles. and the back story on how/where it was found.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Where the spanish in wa and Id?

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michael, not the best attitude to bring here buddy, we're JSFGs here, you want pros, go to a museum. Without better pics, and more than one, you're going to be running in circles...

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
There are actually a number of Spanish place names on the WA coast all the way up the the border with Canada.

S

stefen

Being that this relic has a relief of a horse, and under the best of lighting, the face of a conquistador, its probably unique, and at least, a solitary example, that may have professionals scratching their heads for years to come.

It may have been transported from Mexico and what is now the south western US such as Arizona, Nevada and Southern California, where the Conquistadors were prevelant...

I looked at my extensive 30 year collection and have yet to find a similar example.

Have also scoured the TNET site (and other sources), and cannot find any related posts, although they may exist.

How about more detailed pictures and some additional background on where it was found...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michael I suggest you read our rules here before posting. Using symbols for language can get you banned. You asked for help in identification. If you do not agree with members assessments do not get upset.
To me it looks like a geo fact. I have yet to see an example or effigy pecked into a stone axe and I have over 40 years of collecting experience.
Better pictures will help.
That all being said welcome to t-net

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like normal Washington State Beach Cobbel.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From that one solitary picture I see absolutely nothing that says it an artifact. Show us more pictures from different angle and maybe we will see something different. Does it have a Blade on it?

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
No, it has a "horse" and "the face of a conquistador."

the-face-is-familiar1.jpg

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Michael I suggest you read our rules here before posting. Using symbols for language can get you banned. You asked for help in identification. If you do not agree with members assessments do not get upset.
To me it looks like a geo fact. I have yet to see an example or effigy pecked into a stone axe and I have over 40 years of collecting experience.
Better pictures will help.
That all being said welcome to t-net

i agree

welcome to the tnet michael friend
me and six others are asking for some more pictures......then we can help id it for you

larson1951

OP
OP
M

michael bergman

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some more pictures of the ax head I found in Washington. While hunting in the south west Washington area I happened upon this trail that connected two vallys together. I hiked this trail for about two miles stopped for lunch and while eating I noticed a lot of petrified wood laying in this one area, some of it was petrified but looked to be burnt. As i was picking it up that is when I noticed the ax head laying on the ground in a washed out are. along with it I found this arrow head, a mini version of this ax head without the relief. a scraper that has a ball at one end. some fishing weights and a tooth and a flat petrified vertebrae that I am sure belongs to an animal of some sorts. the location is just outside of a little town called Adna Washington.

Attachments

• ax2.jpg
    ax2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 128
  • ax1.jpg
    ax1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 110
  • ax3.jpg
    ax3.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 107
  • ax4.jpg
    ax4.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 113
  • ax5.jpg
    ax5.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 120

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The arrowhead looks nice. Just cause you find a rock in the mix of artifacts doesnt make it a artifact. The texture of your stone looks river worn so it makes it look polished. It has a nice shape but shows no work from use on it. Im sure the Indians looked to use the rocks with the correct shape and maybe carried it but never worked it into the item they wanted. In other words they just left it if that is what happened, this being said if it happened it is still just a rock until it is worked or altered by human hands. Hope this helps.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Michael: Were that mine I'd be talking with the archeologists at UW. The
Chehalis tribe may also have a serious interest (and possible legal right)
to the artifacts, but you'll want to tread with caution there.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It resembles a type of boat stone more than an axe.
But could very well be natural.. and that would be my guess.

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
were you moving toward Pe Ell or away from it?

OP
OP
M

michael bergman

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unclemac. If you are from this area it was located two miles behind the high school in Adna on the highest ridge and the trail is heading west. It is an elk trail that I believe the natives fallowed sort of like a highway. There are pieces of flint and pressure flakes in thousands of feet both directions along with arrow heads. There is also a lot of petrified wood in this area along with agate. I left almost all my finds laying right were I found them:)

Red Earth

Jul 29, 2013
unclemac. If you are from this area it was located two miles behind the high school in Adna on the highest ridge and the trail is heading west. It is an elk trail that I believe the natives fallowed sort of like a highway. There are pieces of flint and pressure flakes in thousands of feet both directions along with arrow heads. There is also a lot of petrified wood in this area along with agate. I left almost all my finds laying right were I found them:)

Hello Mike, you never know what you might have. I found a very large arrowhead two years ago and no one had ever seen one like it. When I sent pics to different relic enthusiasts across the U.S. they all said it was a fake but I knew that I dug it out of the ground. Anyone who put it under a scope agreed with me that it was authentic but at first sight they also said it was fake. I took it to a small museum and the head professor had no doubt it was real. I still don't show people because the naked eye is hard to convince otherwise.
The point is that you need to take your finds to someone who can examine it in person. Congrats on your finds and if you do have a Spanish horse stone then I would like to see better pics and know more of what it is

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread