Axe/Maul Wannabe

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll post a couple pics of this stone I picked up today, but not getting my hopes up. In person it looks more believable but kinda looks like a wood maul in shape. It doesn't come down to a sharp point but an unusual shape to a natural rock.
104_5116.jpg

104_5118.jpg

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there pecks marks all over it and is one end battered? It's hard to tell from your pictures but it may be a Hammerstone.

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there pecks marks all over it and is one end battered? It's hard to tell from your pictures but it may be a Hammerstone.
I'll have to try and get some better photos during daylight tomorrow but here is a photo of the front edge, kinda looks like peck marks. The stone looks and feels like granite but it doesn't feel comfortable to hold in the hand like other hammerstones.:icon_scratch:

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if you didn't just hammer with it yourself, which is what it looks like in your last reply lol, and it was already beaten like that when you found it then id say you have some end use there either grinding or pecking but looks (slightly) used. The reason that it doesn't fit in your hand is maybe because the person that used it was deformed or crippled in the hand from eating a bacteria ridden giant beaver? JMVUTHO (Just my very uneducated twisted honest opinion. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you didn't just hammer with it yourself, which is what it looks like in your last reply lol, and it was already beaten like that when you found it then id say you have some end use there either grinding or pecking but looks (slightly) used. The reason that it doesn't fit in your hand is maybe because the person that used it was deformed or crippled in the hand from eating a bacteria ridden giant beaver? JMVUTHO (Just my very uneducated twisted honest opinion. :thumbsup:
LOL,no that's just my dirty shop floor. You might be right about their hands, and I won't elaborate much more on the beaver theory:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread