Aztatlan

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Re: Aztatlan

>>Don't fancy yourself gentlemen.

Unlike many men, I have no problem admitting when I am confused. Especially since in real life, it is hard to hide the fact one is confused.

But, a couple things here confuse me. "Coazon" is a word I do not know, though admittedly my Spanish is less than fluent.

The next thing is the remark quoted above. It is very easy to misunderstand what people are saying, especially when humor is on the table. If that remark is not some kind of joke that passed well over my head, let me say there is nothing in your posting which indicates you are a gentleman, or even qualified to say who is and who is not a gentleman.

Of course to be fair nothing in my post indicated I think I am a gentleman, whatever that is in today's world. I consider myself to be a rather ordinary person, of Irish ancestry, who can joke at his own expense, with flaws and good points, depending upon how people approach me.

And, no one has ever confused me of dressing well; my J.C. Penney work pants with the hammer loop serve mostly to reduce attention from street thugs in Mexico.

Feel free to un-confuse me.

Also, natives everywhere not dominated by Anglo patriarchy (true patriarchy, not the matriarchy that certain extremists would like us to accept as patriarchy) tend to kill other men and take their women. Same-o; same-o.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010

A reminder that modern DNA testing, and human migration studies resulting from modern DNA testing, show that my Irish ancestors were not descended from the Celts, but migrated from the Iberian peninsula around 5,000 to 10,000 years ago.

So, many of my Mexican neighbors have pretty much the same haplotype that I have.

The indigenous folk tend to have Q, we are like R1b2 or something like that.

Studies of Mexican immigrants in Colorado showed that 2/3 of male ancestry was from the Iberian peninsula, and 2/3 of female ancestry is indigenous.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010

Coazon, since I admittedly did not understand your posting, I want to expand on my own.

When I referred to the Inuits (sp?) and blue eyed blond people, of course it may not have been Irish. The Vikings were also at times blue eyed and blond.

When the Vikings left Ireland, they took slaves and spouses and children with them. When I had my y-markers tested, I discovered I have a close match on Iceland, no name known. So, close kinfolk were taken back with the Vikings.

And, of course, it's only fair to say the Vikings were probably as crazy as we Irish. So, they may well have traveled far and wide as well.

And, I have no reason to think anyone, Irish or Viking, traveling into Inuit country took women with them. If an Irishman or Viking traveled into Inuit country and was a manly man who could bring in hot protein, it is a very high probability he was not killed, but welcomed into the group. Just my theory, if anyone has solid evidence differently, feel free to enlighten us.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Piegrande,

Coazon is just the misspelled version of corazon, which I took from the Peralta Stone Maps.

Gentlemen is used out of respect when addressing men that one does not know, it was not meant to offend.

It is more probable that the Inuit were exposed to the Vikings, rather than the Irish, as you stated. I agree with your theory since men were the strong who ventured into the unknown, and more likely to sow their wild oats.

I am aware that what we mean to say, is sometimes understood different in the forums. I was mainly teasing Don Jose with the fact that the x is just as capable as the y. So although less likely, xx remains as a possibility.

If you reread my post, you will find that it's not about the Irish. It is the gender I was referring to.

Homar P. Olivarez

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pie grande, Stone heart: Relax, Pie my friend. Stone heart and I have been fencing in a most friendly way for what seems like a generation. As for Irish / Scot ancestry, I am loaded from both sides. Of course being Irish a little French and Mohican snuck in there, those winters were long and cold, sides, she was very cute they say..

My grandmother who passed on Irish citizenry to me, was an O'Kane from Derry country, part of the Aristocracy with crown grant lands which have probably have been reverted because no male heir was then available.

However, it is a truth that many of the Irish / Scot men, as they came of age, left Ireland / Scotland for better chances of adventure and advancement in life as mercenaries. Most of the famous ones are Irish / Scot. As a result of traveling, fighting, etc., most intermarried with the local gals, such as I did with my beautiful latina. The basic difference is that I semi-emigrated from the US instead of Ireland / Scotland to explore and have had adventures from the Gobi desert, the Pacific basin, to Mexico, I have a memory book saturated with them to open and review as time goes by.

I have had Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, Britland, etc. lovelies as Feminine companions, but finally settled on my Latina. Still my first and only marrage, now in it's 53 rd year, it might last if she doesn't kill me first.

You, my friend, are in Mexico following the same pattern. Incidentally, hio to your lovely wife, and keep on digging.

Don Jose de la Mancha

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Entertaining read guys. Thanks.

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread