Aztec, Cibola, Zuni, Estevan Quivara and related gold-like conjecture

OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Real de Tayopa said:
Good afternoon HI MTmy friend: I will submit the following as the basis for AZtlantis having existed and still existing below the Atlantic exactly where it is supposed to be.. First Plato's description--?

A) 'At the centre of the island, near the sea, was a plain, said to be the most beautiful and fertile of all plains, and near the middle of this plain about fifty stades inland a hill of no great size... There were two rings of land and three of sea, like cartwheels, with the island at their centre and equidistant from each other... in the centre was a shrine sacred to Poseidon and Cleito, surrounded by a golden wall through which entry was fobidden...

There was a temple to Poseidon himself, a stade in length, three hundred feet wide, and proportionate in height, though somewhat outlandish in appearance. The outside of it was covered all over in silver, except for the figures on the pediment which were covered with gold... Round the temple were statues of all the original ten kings and their wives, and many others dedicated by kings and private persons belonging to the city and its dominions

Here seperate accommodation was provided for royalty and commoners, and, again, for women, for horses, and for other beasts of burden... The outflow they led into the grove of Poseidon, which (because of the goodness of the soil) was full of trees of marvellous beauty and height, and ---- also channelled it to the outer ring-islands by aquaducts at the bridges

On each of these ring islands they had built many temples for different gods, and many gardens and areas for exercise, some for men and some for horses... Finally, there were dockyards full of triremes and their equipment, all in good shape...'

'Beyond the three outer harbours there was a wall, beginning at the sea and running right round in a circle, at a uniform distance of fifty stades from the largest ring and harbour and returning in on itself at the mouth of the canal to the sea. This wall was densely built up all round with houses and the canal and the large harbour were crowded with vast numbers of merchant ships from all quarters, from which rose a constant din of shouting and noise day and night.'

B) You do not know that there formerly dwelt in your land the fairest and noblest race of men which ever lived, and that you and your whole city [Athens] are descended from a seed or remnant of them which survived.
"The power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Hercules [Gibraltar]: the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together, and was the way to other islands...Now in this island of Atlantis there was a great and wonderful empire which had rule over the whole island, and several others, and over parts of the continent, and furthermore the men of Atlantis had subjected the parts of Libya within the columns of Hercules as far as Egypt and of Europe as far as Tyrrhenia [Italy]."
- Plato, Timaeus, 22c-23c; 24c-dThe myth of Atlantis was first described by Plato (427-347 BCE), citing his source as Solon (615-545 BCE), a politician and poet who did a lot of traveling. Solon apparently got his information from Egypt. The Egyptian priests informed Solon that around 9570 BCE, there was already a great civilization at Athens that the present Greeks have already forgotten. The society was ruled by warriors who loved the simple, communal lifestyle and had no interest in great wealth. They had been able to defend the city against the island continent of Atlantis, which lay west beyond the Pillars of Heracles (Straits of Gibraltar) and was ruled by a coalition of kings descended from the sea god, Poseidon, and whose chief king was Poseidon's son, Atlas.

The Atlanteans were at one point almost godlike in their purity of heart, but they became greedy and corrupt over time. They ruled an empire stretching as far as central Italy in Europe to the borders of Egypt in Africa, but grew even greedier and sought to conquer the Athenians, but were defeated. As the war ended, the gods decided to punish the Atlanteans for their pride, and over the course of a day and a night, violent earthquakes and floods swept the island and destroyed it.

The account Plato gives in Critias describes the Atlantean society. The island had virtually everything the Altanteans needed to remain self sufficient from fresh water, abundance in metal ores, luxuriant vegetation, and animals including elephants. As a result, the kings of Atlantis were quite wealthy. Each had its own royal city, but the greatest city was that ruled by the descendents of Atlas

C)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These references will do for a starter.

1) We have a Large Island surrounded by volcanos / islands which is composed of a large plain and in it's center there is alarge mountain.

2) This island, by coincidence, lies almost exactly on the conflux of the North American, South American, African and Euroasian plates, a region where violent earth movements can and do take place.

3) Examining the ocean floor we find just such a configuration existing, precisely where it should be - hmm

see accompanying photo #1

You will notice a large underwater land mass consisting of a basic circular plain surrounded by a circular group of mts / islands with 3 entrances by water, exactly as stated and required to fit the description..

The surrounding Islands were volcanic in nature and possibly modulated the climate due to the proximity of the 4 main plates and their faults.

Thanks Jose. I was familiar with Plato's comments on the matter. I suppose I just got carried away looking for other ways of chasing things. Thanks for filling me in on where you're coming from. Saves me wasting anymore work on it.

Gracias
Jack

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Mountain: Where am "I" coming from ? "Saves me wasting any more work on it"? Hmmmm, that sounds a bit depreciating or condescending.. hehehehehehe

It " is" intriguing, and far more logical than expecting the 'Aztecs to have simply evolved from the mound builders.

Aztlantis apparently now has a bit of quasi-physical proof of existence, where as the Aztec's supposed migration from North America, so far, has absoloutely none.

Also this tends to explain ORO's theories of intercontinental migration, The Aztec theory of origin in North America does not !

Where am I wrong on Aztlantis? A blitheful wipeoff isn't adequate. explain. snicker.

Don Jose de La Mancha el Dorado Azatlantisite.

p.s. No comments on the data circled on the ocean floor ? hehehehe

OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Real de Tayopa said:
HI Mountain: Where am "I" coming from ? "Saves me wasting any more work on it"? Hmmmm, that sounds a bit depreciating or condescending.. hehehehehehe

It " is" intriguing, and far more logical than expecting the 'Aztecs to have simply evolved from the mound builders.

Aztlantis apparently now has a bit of quasi-physical proof of existence, where as the Aztec's supposed migration from North America, so far, has absoloutely none.

Also this tends to explain ORO's theories of intercontinental migration, The Aztec theory of origin in North America does not !

Where am I wrong on Aztlantis? A blitheful wipeoff isn't adequate. explain. snicker.

Don Jose de La Mancha el Dorado Azatlantisite.

p.s. No comments on the data circled on the ocean floor ? hehehehe

Hi Jose: Atlantis has never interested me much, though I was aware what Pliny and Plato said about it. Might have read some ruminations about it being Minoa in one of the archeology mags of the 1980s. But it never has been enough of an object of attention to grab mine until briefly on this thread.

If what you have is good enough for you to satisfy your need for proof of your hypothesis it's nothing for me to argue one way or the other. Just isn't in my area of interest.

Have a great one,
Jack

OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Zephyr said:
Highmountain said:
Canoes - Evidently they had them, though it's unclear as to the size and the seaworthiness. I once found a Karankawan war canoe buried mostly in the sand of Vandivere Island peninsula, San Antonio Bay, Texas perfectly intact and waterlogged. It measured over 40 feet [pacing]. Although it was on the inland side of the bay, it had to go through some troubled waters to get where it was, and I guessed at the time it probably wouldn't have feared venturing onto the gulf side. Even so, I'd hate to have been in it when it did.

That canoe was built in a way that rendered unsinkable and indestructable for all practical purposes. Although it most likely had a deep draft because of the weight, it also had high sides and a deep interior coming up to the ribcages of the people sitting in it. It might have swamped and it might have capsized, but I can't concieve a battering by the sea it couldn't take and survive without a lot of damage.
Ran across some interesting comments on an archeaology forum discussing a similar canoe.
(News article)
http://thecrit.com/2008/05/06/45-foot-ancient-canoe-stuck-in-the-muck/

What if it's only half of the boat?
Have 2 of them side by side, connected with a platform, and you get a catamaran. Even more seaworthy, more cargo capacity, hence longer range.
We moderns so underestimate the capabilities of people thousands of years ago....

After thinking about this a bit more I think my own view is that the well preserved remains of a catamaran would probably bear evidence of what it was, both in the design, and in wear surfaces. The vessel recovered in Florida might well have been one. I don't know. The one I found on Vandavere Island probably wasn't.

Thanks for the comment.

Jack

OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Seems to me we've probably arrived at as much a consensus as we're likely to, each within the confines of our own thinking. We do agree the Aztec probably came from somewhere besides where the Spaniard found them. It was a fun thread. Thanks, all of you who had some fun alongside me chasing some trails too dim and overgrown to find any real answers.

Gracias
Jack

Attachments

• Canyon from horseback.jpg
    Canyon from horseback.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 562
  • cabingrave  2.jpg
    cabingrave 2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 531
  • whirlcloud3.jpg
    whirlcloud3.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 505
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI MT you posted --->

Atlantis has never interested me much - it never has been enough of an object of attention to grab mine until briefly on this thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm, you must have missed my post in which I flatly stated that I would be the Devils advocate, but not necessarily believe in it. I posted --->

"As another example, whether I believe Aztlantis existed or not, is immaterial. So far, it , as wild as it seems, has far more logic to back it up than the theory that the Aztecs came from the mound builder areas".

"what I have done in here, as per your suggestion, is to set up an opposition side for you to prove your points to, which has not been done".

I probably haven't thought of Aztlantis in 20 years, and then only casually until it was brought into the debate / discussion by a casual co-incidence. I was surprised just how easy it was to find what coukl be, by a wild stretch of the imagination , a possible / plausible location on the sea bottom, which you so kindly provided,

Heheheh

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Real de Tayopa said:
HI MT you posted --->

Atlantis has never interested me much - it never has been enough of an object of attention to grab mine until briefly on this thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmm, you must have missed my post in which I flatly stated that I would be the Devils advocate, but not necessarily believe in it. I posted --->

"As another example, whether I believe Aztlantis existed or not, is immaterial. So far, it , as wild as it seems, has far more logic to back it up than the theory that the Aztecs came from the mound builder areas".

"what I have done in here, as per your suggestion, is to set up an opposition side for you to prove your points to, which has not been done".

I probably haven't thought of Aztlantis in 20 years, and then only casually until it was brought into the debate / discussion by a casual co-incidence. I was surprised just how easy it was to find what coukl be, by a wild stretch of the imagination , a possible / plausible location on the sea bottom, which you so kindly provided,

Heheheh

Don Jose de La Mancha

Jose: I didn't have any points to prove. It was a fun thread following possibilities. Thanks for your contributions

Jack

OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Oroblanco said:
Jack I am curious, you started a couple of very interesting threads here covering " Aztec, Cibola, Zuni, Estevan Quivara and related gold-like conjecture" which has a very wide-open sounding title, tossed out one possibility (the Aztecs coming from the Mound-builders) but don't seem to have much interest in some of the ideas that are a bit 'farther out' and don't seem to want to build the theory of Mound-builder origin. Was the thread created sort of as a 'bait' to induce our other members here to post theories, defend them and or question etc while you act as a mediator? Nothing wrong in that, just want to understand your position, whether as a theorist, to be our resident "skeptic" or as a mediator or interested party etc? I took it that you were presenting a theory viz Mound-builders after you expressed a desire to constrain the 'bounds' of what is getting tossed around, but perhaps misunderstood your intent, perhaps you were only tossing in a theory as 'seed' without wishing to take that position. (Sort of like our amigo Real de Tayopa will play the Devil's Advocate without necessarily holding a belief in the position he defends.) I would appreciate if you could clear up what is your intended position.

Real de Tayopa we must start a thread or find one that is centered on Aztlantis/Atlantis/Aztlan; I think I would enjoy and learn from your views on this fascinating subject, whether you are a "true believer" or simply Devil's Advocate. I noted that you included the migration path right across the site of Tayopa too - something you have not mentioned is there, correct? Or am I going way off on a tangent, just because Tayopa was shown and the migration path crossing that site I get the impression you had a reason for doing this; logically your reason is some kind of evidence you have already found there. Am I getting warmer or colder? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

Oro: I began this thread believing the Aztec probably came from the US southwest. I'd never considered the mound builders. I explored the mound builder possibilities enough to form my own thoughts about whether they might be the origin.

When Jose asserted they came from Atlantis I attempted to help him along if he wished to chase the idea, while I was not in any way interested in it. I let a mild curiosity and his question guide me because I figured he probably just didn't understand how to do web searches, same as I concluded eventually about you.

Was the thread created sort of as a 'bait' to induce our other members here to post theories, defend them and or question etc while you act as a mediator? Nothing wrong in that, just want to understand your position, whether as a theorist, to be our resident "skeptic" or as a mediator or interested party etc? I took it that you were presenting a theory viz Mound-builders after you expressed a desire to constrain the 'bounds' of what is getting tossed around, but perhaps misunderstood your intent, perhaps you were only tossing in a theory as 'seed' without wishing to take that position. (Sort of like our amigo Real de Tayopa will play the Devil's Advocate without necessarily holding a belief in the position he defends.) I would appreciate if you could clear up what is your intended position.

I haven't felt the need to defend theories.... I did the best within the time I allowed myself on it to try to figure out where I thought the Aztec originated. I succeeded enough to have an idea of what direction I'd pursue if I ever decide to go further with it. I assume everyone who contributed to the thread posted and behaved pretty much following their own directions of ideas and thought. When you've asked questions on the subject I've attempted to answer them, sometimes gone through some work to do it. I did it because I was curious to know the answers, though you could as easily have searched it and shared it here as asking someone else. Same as when Jose asked about Atlantis.

I think there was some baiting going on with the thread, but I wasn't the one doing it, and I didn't allow myself to be baited and wasn't bothered by it.

I don't understand your question nor what it implies. Sorry if you wanted something from the thread it didn't provide. I suspect it goes back to the litany you and I indulged in early in the thread with you asserting, "You have an opinion" "No I don't" "Yes you do" "No I don't"

I didn't, and only have the seeds of one now. I suspect it's not something you encounter often and are probably just unable to recognize it when it comes along [sincere, objective inquiry without any attempt to 'prove' anything or convince others to a particular set of beliefs].

Sometimes things work out that way.

Am I getting warmer or colder?

I think you and I are so far removed from one another in our methods of locating or acquiring, assimilating and sharing information the terms 'warmer' and 'colder' don't apply. Same's true of whatever conclusions we might draw from the info, once it's in our hands.

I don't claim to understand your methods, nor Jose's, and it's clear you don't understand mine. Which is all okay. I learned a fair amount by going through the exercise of the thread, though it came mostly as a result of my own work with a few ideas thrown in by others, including you and Jose. But learning was my purpose, and I learned enough to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for participating.

Jack

Attachments

• Los Gigantes sharpened.jpg
    Los Gigantes sharpened.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 506
OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Oroblanco said:
Highmountain wrote:
I don't understand your question nor what it implies.

This is abundantly clear amigo. I suppose my use of the term "bait" must have struck you as some kind of affront, which was not the intended meaning, perhaps the term "seed" would have been more appropriate. Your referral to our earlier discussion "you have a theory" and "no I don't" I think we have covered already, and I have explained my reasons for getting the impression that you DID have a theory, such as your clear statements about what borders we are to use in our discussion here. So you are saying that you don't have a theory, okay amigo I think I "get it". It is also crystal clear to me that you are not comfortable with the use of casual phrases in conversation here, such as the example you cited in my post to our mutual amigo Real de Tayopa, when I was GUESSING whether he was giving a hint about something concerning his Tayopa, "warmer and colder" is hardly my "method" for doing research or for treasure hunting, it was simply CASUAL use of the phrase in a guess. I don't know why you would conclude this must be some method of research or treasure hunting from a casual conversation, but it is apparent that was your conclusion.

Jack my apologies if anything I have ever posted has been offensive, NO offense was ever intended. I will not post in this thread or any others of yours, since it is readily apparent that my participation is neither welcome nor understood.

Good luck and good hunting to you Jack, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Good luck to you also Oro. And my apologies also if anything I have ever posted has been offensive. No offense was intended.

Jack

OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Real de Tayopa said:
As Quoted, There's a benefit in knowing two languages, English-Spanish
~~~~~~d~~~~~~~~~~~

HI , some time I will have to tell you of spending Christmas Eve, 1946 in a Chinese "Happy house" on the docks in Tsingtao, lowest of the low, teaching the poor, old, wornout gal, basic written Chinese heheh.

NO! being a pure saint, I did not partake of the wares, sheesh, not even Cj, cubfan, or ole dog etc, would have, hmm, however, I am not sure of either BB or HI MT though, as for ORO -----. (apol) heheheh

It was through necessity, there was no other place to sleep, too many refugees and the temp was below freezing. That cold wind off of the Gobi is the coldest on earth for pure penetration. Even with my nylon flight suit under my uniform I was C O L D .

Don Jose de La Mancha the "untarnished" Saint

That will be soon enough. Thanks for your contributions to the thread.
Jack

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI MT: You would be surprised at what I learned while in the forbidden city. I was able to spend weeks in there with unsupervised study, just by myself. I was physically able to handle and examine priceless objects and written works. I was also able to go to the Shensi Pyramids, fascinating. So you see, I personally do have some experience in the study of Pyramids.

It was also a contributing factor to my being elected into the elite EXPLORERS CLUB. To me it was a boyhood dream come true.

www.explorers.org

Don Jose de La Mancha the untarnished Saint

Attachments

• .jpgmembership©@.jpg
    .jpgmembership©@.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 487
  • .jpgmembership©@.jpg
    .jpgmembership©@.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 459
OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Real de Tayopa said:
HI MT: You would be surprised at what I learned while in the forbidden city. I was able to spend weeks in there with unsupervised study, just by myself. I was physically able to handle and examine priceless objects and written works. I was also able to go to the Shensi Pyramids, fascinating. So you see, I personally do have some experience in the study of Pyramids.

It was also a contributing factor to my being elected into the elite EXPLORERS CLUB. To me it was a boyhood dream come true.

www.explorers.org

Don Jose de La Mancha the untarnished Saint

It really does sound to be an enviable experience. I once had a passionate interest in early 20th Century China, almost an obsession with Sun Yat Sen, reading [everything I could find by] Lin Yutang, Edgar Snow's and Theodore White's observations written during the War years and considered Vinegar Joe Stillwell one of the unsung heroes of WWII and a needed-though-fallen prophet of US foreign policy post WWII. Sand Pebbles was one of the non-literary movies/novels I'm most grateful for having encountered and even the Malcolm Bosse, War Lord novel has been a repeated read for me over the years. I suspect part of the reason I keep the work of Richard Wilhelm and Carie Baynes near at hand and refer to it frequently despite the clumsy construction and the fact I prefer Richard John Lynn/Wang Bi is the closer connection I sense Wilhelm/Baynes felt for China circa 1923.

Congratulations on your having achieved your Explorer Club ambition.

You and I probably have a number of common interests. Unfortunately the TN forum probably isn't the place to share them.

Best wishes to you and thanks again for what you added to this thread.

Jack

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHIO Peeps: Look what I found. Apparantly I am a johnny come lately in this thought, but defiitely on track..

" According to Ignatius L. Donnelly in his book Atlantis: The Antediluvian World, there is a connection between Atlantis and Aztlan (the ancestral home of the Aztecs). He claims that the Aztecs pointed east to the Caribbean as the former location of Aztlan"

OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Real de Tayopa said:
OHIO Peeps: Look what I found. Apparantly I am a johnny come lately in this thought, but defiitely on track..

" According to Ignatius L. Donnelly in his book Atlantis: The Antediluvian World, there is a connection between Atlantis and Aztlan (the ancestral home of the Aztecs). He claims that the Aztecs pointed east to the Caribbean as the former location of Aztlan"

Morning Jose:

I haven't been pursuing the Atlantis side of things but hopefully someone who is will find the info useful.

Meanwhile, I'm sure you're familiar with, maybe have some views about the 7 caves codex, which I've been remiss in knowing much about including conjectured origin, meaning, what it's supposed to be depicting, what a person could expect to find inside if such a cave were located. Including the likelihood of deadly traps and so on.

Thanks,
Jack

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Jack: Nice to hear from you again. On the "7 caves Codex", I must admit that I have no knowledge of it. Perhaps you can referr me to a suitable site or post some data & pictures? I have no doubt that I can easily find it on the net, but am a bit busy these days

Incidentally I have decided to persue the Atlantis thingie in History Hunters. There are professionals there that can really take my quickie theory apart if it has flaws, of which I am certain that there are many.

Just ran a quickie, and found the data.

http://www.mayalords.org/aztecfldr/comet.html

OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Real de Tayopa said:
Good Morning Jack: Nice to hear from you again. On the "7 caves Codex", I must admit that I have no knowledge of it. Perhaps you can referr me to a suitable site or post some data & pictures? I have no doubt that I can easily find it on the net, but am a bit busy these days

Incidentally I have decided to persue the Atlantis thingie in History Hunters. There are professionals there that can really take my quickie theory apart if it has flaws, of which I am certain that there are many.

Just ran a quickie, and found the data.

http://www.mayalords.org/aztecfldr/comet.html

Thanks Jose:

I thought I had a copy of the codex.... someone sent me a link to it early in this thread along with a discussion about it on another forum. But the discussion was about Utah and the starting place for it was so far advanced it was a bit like opening a strange book to chapter 7 and trying to make sense of it. But I did study the image and ear-marked it to study it more sometime. Then either deleted it or just lost it in some file folder I can't find.

But I've recently had a renewed interest in the cave facet of Aztec origin legends and it dawned on me a person might want to know a lot about traps and such before entering a cave that might be a candidate, along with knowing whether there'd be a reason to go inside insofar as the likelihood of anything worthwhile being found there.

I hate going in caves and old mineshafts, every minute of it. I don't know why I ever did it after the first one, don't know why I'm becoming certain I'm going into yet another one.

Gracias,
Jack

Edit: Ahh. Found it. This was posted courtesy of kanabite on ancient treasures forum.

Gracias
Jack

Attachments

• Canyon dome 1.jpg
    Canyon dome 1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 388
  • codex cave1.jpg
    codex cave1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 520

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Highmountain said:
... But I've recently had a renewed interest in the cave facet of Aztec origin legends and it dawned on me a person might want to know a lot about traps and such before entering a cave that might be a candidate, along with knowing whether there'd be a reason to go inside insofar as the likelihood of anything worthwhile being found there.

I hate going in caves and old mineshafts, every minute of it. I don't know why I ever did it after the first one, don't know why I'm becoming certain I'm going into yet another one.

Gracias,
Jack

Edit: Ahh. Found it. This was posted courtesy of kanabite on ancient treasures forum.

Gracias
Jack

Wow, that dome thingy is spectacular. What is it?

OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Springfield said:
Highmountain said:
... But I've recently had a renewed interest in the cave facet of Aztec origin legends and it dawned on me a person might want to know a lot about traps and such before entering a cave that might be a candidate, along with knowing whether there'd be a reason to go inside insofar as the likelihood of anything worthwhile being found there.

Gracias,
Jack

Hi Springfield: It's a severely weathered igneous intrusion that's bad about crumbling into smaller pieces. There's a general tendency to caves where it outcrops ..... bats something awful. Other than that, I don't know what it is. Probably won't know without going down there to find out.

Thanks for the reply.
Jack

Gracias
Jack

Wow, that dome thingy is spectacular. What is it?

Hi Springfield: Thanks for the reply.

The dome's a severely weathered igneous intrusion prone to crumbling, though sometimes fairly solid with a lot of fracture-hints. Where it outcrops there tends to be a lot of cave formation. Bats something awful.

That's about all I know about it. This one's located in a place that's dreadful trying to get to and not much reason for anyone to want to. Likely as not I'm going to have to go down there if I want to find out if I want to know anymore about it.

Gracias,
Jack

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I think my curiosity would bring me to the point of having to go brave the bats and check it out as well ::) dadgum idiot I am sometimes! lol Of course if YOU brave the bats and just tell us what is there you can save me from my stupidity, right?? :tongue3: Please be safe if you do go check it though!!

OP
OP
Highmountain

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
Cynangyl said:
I think my curiosity would bring me to the point of having to go brave the bats and check it out as well ::) dadgum idiot I am sometimes! lol Of course if YOU brave the bats and just tell us what is there you can save me from my stupidity, right?? :tongue3: Please be safe if you do go check it though!!

Thanks for the reply Cynagyl. I'll confess to being fairly curious my ownself. But I have enough on my plate for the moment I'll have to put off doing anything on this until maybe next year, provided I'm not tying up left-overs from this year. I've got a lot of places earmarked to get around to someday and this might have to take its place in line, because if it's worth doing I suspect there might be more tricks hidden in there than I'm prepared to deal with without knowing a lot more than I'm likely to anytime soon.

Gracias,
Jack

Edit: It does nag at my curiosity enough so's yesterday I started searching the web to find out what's been going on in recent years with ultra-light, short-take-off and landing aircraft. Probably not one of the options because I hate to contemplate what kinds of freakish winds a person might encounter in a place of that sort. It would take an extremely 'clean' exterior design so's to be less vulnerable to chance winds dragging a dirty craft into unexpected and unwanted places, a lot of surplus power available, an extremely low stall speed, and more luck than I like to depend on.

But the technology is actually getting there.

Jack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread