Babe Ruth 1934 Quaker Oats Company facsimile autograph

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170512_204437.jpeg 20170512_204451.jpeg 20170512_204517.jpeg 20170512_204532.jpeg

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Regarding BR signatures, I understand his batboy signed many things on his behalf. I wonder how the experts can tell, and I wonder how many of the Babe's signature are out there but actually signed by his BB?

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding BR signatures, I understand his batboy signed many things on his behalf. I wonder how the experts can tell, and I wonder how many of the Babe's signature are out there but actually signed by his BB?

Mine is not a real sig from his pen to my pic, rather a copy of a signed original. It is a promotional pic from 1934. I did not know about the bb connection, but I would have preferred an original sig from BR or the bb. :)

Artslinger

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
What I find funny is that many of the Shoeless Joe Jackson autographs that are out there were actually signed by his wife. I have even seen some for sale advertised stating that they were signed by his wife and they still go for a decent amount.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
Was sitting at a bar last night and they had an ESPN program on about a famous sports memorabilia counterfeiter. Sound wasn't on, but I got the gist of the story. I now believe everything out there is fake unless you get it directly from the source. Even the COAs are faked, but we knew that. The guy showed how he could sign and age a BR baseball and make it look 90 years old in a few minutes. Scary.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Was sitting at a bar last night and they had an ESPN program on about a famous sports memorabilia counterfeiter. Sound wasn't on, but I got the gist of the story. I now believe everything out there is fake unless you get it directly from the source. Even the COAs are faked, but we knew that. The guy showed how he could sign and age a BR baseball and make it look 90 years old in a few minutes. Scary.

I have a computer, a printer, and I have an autograph... You want a Certificate for that? Sure thing, you got a sheet of paper on you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread