Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen anything like this before..that was totally awesome to watch..and the lil guy made it too.. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
The mother landing on his hand to feed the lil' guy was too cool, also him sitting on the stick while feeding on the flowers. Many years ago in Long Beach Ca we had a big orange tree in our front yard & a very small, young bird fell out of a nest. I made him a nice bed in a shoe box with a heating pad in it & we fed him grubs & worms for weeks until he was big enough. I took him out & put him in the orange tree & he jumped around from branch to branch for hours before he finaly took his 1st flight. The following spring on my back porch there was a little bird, the same kind we had rescued that was sitting on my window sill chirping at me. I cant tell you why or how but I got the feeling it was that same bird. I slowly got closer & closer until my face was about 8 inches from him, we just stared at each other for quite a while until something spooked him & off he went. It was kind of a cool moment, like he was letting me know that he was good & at some level thankful for what I had done. Then again, I drank a lot back then..........maybe it was just some crazy bird. :dontknow:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very very cool vid , I never knew the little ones made any type of noise like his chirping . :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: very neat

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I've seen those really close up before, but never as close as hat was. I have never heard or seen anyone actualy holding one in their hand. That was an extrodinary example of trust between man and the wild. We are not seperated from the wild as much as most people would have us believe. rockhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread