Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS AND GALS

Out today for a run... Cousin ED stole the day with a BABY RP....Sweet little button...I like it. !!!

It hasn,t been cleaned obviously as I took the pic when he dropped me off at home.

I was doomed to find musket balls today.....but still managed to find a nice brooch and a blank pewter button.

2014-03-14 19.53.25.jpg 2014-03-14 19.54.14.jpg 2014-03-14 22.46.35.jpg 2014-03-14 22.47.39.jpg 2014-03-14 22.47.59.jpg 2014-03-14 22.53.07.jpg 2014-03-14 22.53.18.jpg 2014-03-14 22.53.35.jpg 2014-03-14 22.53.46.jpg

Upvote 4

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could be wrong but that brooch looks an awful lot like a Tudor Rose...if that's the case than YOU stole the show!!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could be wrong but that brooch looks an awful lot like a Tudor Rose...if that's the case than YOU stole the show!!

HMMMM...I like your comment.

But what exactly is a Tudor Rose...remember I,m still a newb.:tongue3:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google "rev war tudor rose" and check out the pics. It was a motif used by the British Navy very early and into the Rev. War...

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is a military piece I have no idea what it could be...maybe a cap accoutrement...

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google "rev war tudor rose" and check out the pics. It was a motif used by the British Navy very early and into the Rev. War...

Sweet... then that piece has some great potential !!

TY for the help.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're definitely on the right track, but not Rev War and not Navy. It's a British Shako ornament that dates somewhere from the mid. to late 1800s. My experience is seeing them sold with Crimean War finds, but they could date earlier too. Aqua, the question you wrote me about the RP.... the size does not really make a difference for that one... RP is an RP. There are different variants that would be less common, and of course the Holy Grail of RP buttons, the Officer issue. Another good day!

Attachments

• helmet1.jpg
    helmet1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 120

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa, oh those pesky musket balls, your like my spoiled buddy Vino, except he keeps finding those pesky Indian Head Pennies, lol

Great finds, thanks for sharing them with us.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're definitely on the right track, but not Rev War and not Navy. It's a British Shako ornament that dates somewhere from the mid. to late 1800s. My experience is seeing them sold with Crimean War finds, but they could date earlier too. Aqua, the question you wrote me about the RP.... the size does not really make a difference for that one... RP is an RP. There are different variants that would be less common, and of course the Holy Grail of RP buttons, the Officer issue. Another good day!

TY for the ID......

That is a cool find for sure....by the looks of that picture ...I would rather find the nice shiney stuff on it :laughing7:

ROMEO was on the right track.....nice !!

Found it at the end of the hunt....got disgusted digging all the musket balls (very mucky clay...big mess) and started to move back to the truck....picked it up right where we started the hunt... I almost walked on it before. Go figure.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa, oh those pesky musket balls, your like my spoiled buddy Vino, except he keeps finding those pesky Indian Head Pennies, lol

Great finds, thanks for sharing them with us.

LOL...I,d rather find Indian heads than musket balls...working on my 4th big jar full....no idea what I,m gonna do with them.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey...I was on the right track!

Yup pretty close !!

Short hunt this morning 1.5 hrs.... hope the weather holds.....found a half dime 1881

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you guys are on fire, I'm happy to be back and was hoping to get up your way this weekend but it's not in the stars (or the tides). Hopefully next weekend.
Keep up the good work, you and Ed are pulling up some outstanding finds. Congrats.
ZDD

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you guys are on fire, I'm happy to be back and was hoping to get up your way this weekend but it's not in the stars (or the tides). Hopefully next weekend.
Keep up the good work, you and Ed are pulling up some outstanding finds. Congrats.
ZDD

Hi ZDD.....

Welcome back...hope you brought some of that sunny warm vacation weather with ya !!!!!!

Ya...we had a good week of detecting.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you just killing it this year...Most of us are covered in snow, yet you're out braving the elements...congrats on your quickly growing collection

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm late to the party, but tudor rose pattern is typically 5 petals

Congrats to Ed on the nice cuff button.

Good ID IP, that piece is a cool find for sure.

"musket balls...working on my 4th big jar full....no idea what I,m gonna do with them. " Make yourself a small canon, buy gunpowder..........:laughing7: Seriously I'd like to have a scale sized canon, with a pyramid pile of musket balls beside it for display.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you just killing it this year...Most of us are covered in snow, yet you're out braving the elements...congrats on your quickly growing collection

HI PATRIOT

Was wondering where you went..haven,t seen you on here in a long time.

Welcome back...hope you weren,t on vacation to somewhere warm...if so you came back too early !!!!!!

Yes...luck is shining on me so far....gonna be a great year I think !!!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm late to the party, but tudor rose pattern is typically 5 petals

Congrats to Ed on the nice cuff button.

Good ID IP, that piece is a cool find for sure.

"musket balls...working on my 4th big jar full....no idea what I,m gonna do with them. " Make yourself a small canon, buy gunpowder..........:laughing7: Seriously I'd like to have a scale sized canon, with a pyramid pile of musket balls beside it for display.

Yes ...........That would be really cool Rick ....while your at it make 2 ...I,ll supply the musket balls !!!! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread