Back ache and bored !

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
The back ache is not as bad, but still getting the odd very sharp pain.Spent most of morning held hostage by wife,put to work cleaning, ironing and hanging clothes out to dry. Was then sent on a mission to find something in the dark regions of our loft. What I did find tucked away in a dusty corner was these. There's a moral to these frames and the story goes like this. I've been detecting now for about 25 years,the first couple of years were spent learning the ropes and finding very little only blisters and junk. Then I had the good fortune to meet other more experienced detectorists and the penny dropped. It's all about sites !, find good sites and with time and effort you will make good finds.In the years from that point I went many many miles gaining sites. From that point the finds came at a good regular rate. Most of the high grade finds and especially hammered coins were sold soon after finding .Old hammered coins such as Saxon pennies are very fragile and can easily break, once saw a $2000 coin in bits just through handling. Most finds though are not in the valuable but more in the interesting catergory. These over the years were put away into boxes and sadly stored away. Well about 10/12 years ago I decided to get a selection of finds out from the boxes and put them into picture frames. These frames I would then hang on walls throughout our home. It took a couple of weeks to get the finds into the frames. When they were ready I proudly showed them to the wife,to me not just bits of metal but little bits of pure history each with a tale to tell.When I told her I planned to hang them on the walls she said no way,and they quickly went back to the dark corner of the loft.Well what's the moral of this sad tale ?,it's this, you can spend years doing something and getting fairly good at it only to be met by indifference from others, even those who you feel should know better. Although I wasn't pleased at the time I can laugh about it now. Do you know the back feels a little better and there's a local wood I've not yet searched. Enjoy the pictures,and remember there are no detecting experts it's all about sites and time.

HH Robert aka Viking Bob

Attachments

• today 065.jpg
    today 065.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 336
  • today 066.jpg
    today 066.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 332
  • today 067.jpg
    today 067.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
thats a terrible shame!! surely your good lady wife could let you have one wall

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
sorry robert but what is that item top left with the hook on it?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robfinds said:
Hi Shaun, it's a Roman steelyard balance. What a day that was !.
Regards Robert

Must have been as they are a rare complete find.

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Hi Crusader, look about mid point on the arm you can just see the join, it came up in two parts. Sheffield museum repaired and stabilised it for me.

Regards Robert.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robfinds said:
Hi Crusader, look about mid point on the arm you can just see the join, it came up in two parts. Sheffield museum repaired and stabilised it for me.

Regards Robert.

arhhhh.... at least its all there

F

Felinepeachy

You can't display them ANYWHERE in your own home? That is a shame. Those are wonderful finds and a very nice display of them. I would love having those hanging on my walls. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread