Back at It Again!

U.P. Northwoods

Jul 27, 2008
Nisula, MI/Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6
Well, I'm finally back at MDing again after a drought of several years. :thumbsup: Got my M6 Tueday and last night (Thursday) I it took over to the school yard just the next street over from my house here in Peoria. I will have to say I have never owned a machine quite like this. I walked a straight 200 ft. stretch and you can see in my column what I found. What a rush for me. From the target ID, pin pointing, light weight and just plain accurate as hell. :thumbsup: Now that did take an hour so I am a bit on the rusty side. ::) The wife and I are both looking forward to heading back home to the U.P. at the beginning of Oct. for 3 weeks where I can do some serious copper hunting. Well time for a cup of :coffee2: before I head off to work. ;D ;D

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used
Explorer II with 10x12 SEF
UP,
The M6 is a good machine and it works good up North. I was up N. of Marquette a month ago and the GB was fine with 9.5 coil. I also have the 6x10 and 4x6DD. Is there some good hunting in the Peoria area?

Makton

OP
OP
U.P. Northwoods

U.P. Northwoods

Jul 27, 2008
Nisula, MI/Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6
Yes, you betcha there some good hunting areas here. Peoria was actually the oldest settlement in the state. Two Civil War camps were here. Some fairly old neighborhoods. I'm trying to research abit on a Rev. War Gen. who had a home here. I know exactly where it was and the original spring he tied into for water is still there. It's all bricked up with a heavy steel door on the front of it. You can open it and dip the water to this day.
A French trapper by the name of DuSable really got Peoria on the map as a settlement. If memory serves me right he is buried up around Mackinaw Island in the ole U.P.. Peoria at one time provided much of the booze for the world. Vaudville (will it play in Peoria) was huge here. And gambiling was bigger than Chi town. So plenty of digging can be had. There are slugs of big old homes that the brewry owners built up on the bluffs.
Last but not least the home of the yellow god Caterpillar. I will have to tell you guys some of the experiences I have had working at the water co. for 30 plus years and what we have dug up. By the way. Got out again this evening and did a bit of swinging. Not as productive but still did well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread