Back at the CIA with a 1902 Indian

SMS88

Mar 3, 2007
Culinay Institute of America, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
I'm finally back at the Culinary Institute. I arrived early for a 3 hour hunt at where I found the barbers and indians. I think I've finally cleaned out that spot because I found just one 1902 indian cent and no other coins or relics. I'll post the pic once i set my printer up. There is still a lot of Iron at the site and I must have made matters worse for myself bringing the super 12 coil. I know there has to be more coins around the area because I haven't found any nickles or quarters, but I've pulled practically every positve item from the site. I know there's another field behind Hudson Hall that I'll try to search, plus property on the other side of the CIA parking lot. If anyone would like to search the area with me, please leave me a message. There are a few cellar holes on the property and a lot of ground to cover. I'll get my schedule tomorrow, so i'll know what time I'll be available. I'm going to try my luck in the poughkeepsie parks and will post an update later.

Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in Dutchess county NY. I went to DCC for my associates degree. I also used to work at the Hyde Park nursing home. I dont live there any more but there is definitely alot of history in that area. Great place to hunt. Good luck. I hope you can make a few more good finds there.

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Sound like a good hunt every time.
Good luck on future hunts.
Sorry. That's quite a drive for me,
otherwise I'd take you up on your
offer.

OP
OP
SMS88

SMS88

Mar 3, 2007
Culinay Institute of America, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
I decided to go back for a second hunt into the night. This time, I didn't find any coins. I realized that there is a whole lot of iron at the site and was surprised at what I got so far given the trash. I'm now going on an all out blitz on the iron. Hopefully there's more coins underneath it all. I dug up 2 railroad spikes, a 2 foot long rod, a one foot pipe, and about 30 rusty nails. A better find was an old fork made out of nickel silver which ironically has no silver in it. That iron is making it impossible for me to find more. I would still be interested if anyone wants to hunt with me, maybe someone with more experience. Going it alone can get boring sometimes

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, that only leaves the $20 gold pieces and treasure chests ::)

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions