monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have had some sure enough relic washer rains in the last week, a lot of areas got 4 to 6 in. of rain. That amount of water moves some dirt, I found a few items today a few broken points, scraper, and a quartz preform. The thing that got me fired up is just a rock with a natural hole on one side, but it is Red Jasper. Poverty Point people traded for stone from all over the south, since there was not a local resource. They made some of the best effigy beads ever made, most of them made from Red Jasper. All of these are surface finds. tools 001.JPG tools 003.JPG tools 004.JPG tools 006.JPG tools 005.JPG If you want a good read on a very old culture run a search on Poverty Point La.

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Accidental double post

Last edited:

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While researching coastal Florida sites and artifacts..especially those in the Indian River lagoon area I've come across many similarities between these two cultures.
The bone tools more than most...both cultures.. especially the southern half.. had no natural lithic stone local to them
Nice hunt.

Last edited:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey monsterrack!! I live a few hours south of PP, but never been there!! Read quite a lot about it!! When is the best time to see the area!! Very Nice Finds!! Must have really been some civilization at one time!! WOW!! Would have enjoyed seeing it during it's zenith!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a crazy rainy year we have had. I am glad your site washed out some nice ones for you. I can see where the red material would be highly prized for beads !!
HH

OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey monsterrack!! I live a few hours south of PP, but never been there!! Read quite a lot about it!! When is the best time to see the area!! Very Nice Finds!! Must have really been some civilization at one time!! WOW!! Would have enjoyed seeing it during it's zenith!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Anytime is good for that site, they have a real nice museum and you can walk all around the grounds. It is well worth the time.:occasion14:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey monsterrack!! Thanks for the reply and I would enjoy seeing PP!! By the way, Charmin posted a Gorgeous picture of a big Buck and I told her my son lives in Silver Springs, MD, and he had sent me a picture of two Bucks eating grass in his front lawn a couple of days ago, 10 Point and 8Point!! They are hilarious, grazing by the SUV in the driveway!! I will try to get him to Post the pictures!! You will get a kick out of it!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats allot of rain but it washed out some artifacts for you. I dont know how much rain we have had I got tired of keeping up with it. Now it feels like Fall in August which is usually the hotest month of the yr for us. I hope its not going to be a bad winter with ice and snow. That will put a damper on hunting if it does go that direction. HH, rock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread