Back from GA

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a great time in GA, except the heat index was double what I'm used to... no kidding. Lots of sweating, but nice to hunt some genuine old sites for a change.

Searched an abandoned 1940s school... found 1960-80 clad. Hunted an 1850s college site (now gone)... found just the Avon pendant there. Then stumbled on a site that once had a church, then a high school, then an elementary school that was recently torn down. A nice older gent walked over from his nearby house and said that he'd been hitting that site all summer... After 2 trips and little to show for it (except a few wheats, the square nail, and play ring), I have to hand it to the guy. He did a thorough job.

I finally decided to quit looking for ancient stuff and just hunt for silver. So spent the last two days of the trip cherry picking an early 1960s neighborhood demo. Found the rest of this stuff there including the two mercs (1940 & 1945), GP rope, silver cub scout ring, girl scout thingy, and about $8 in clad.

Hunting the old places was fun, but I got more thrills finding mercs in the hole.

Thanks for looking! Happy hunting.

Attachments

• GA.jpg
    GA.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 416
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
All really nice finds. Sounds like a great trip
and a lot of fun detecting. Congrats and best of luck to you!!
Thanks for sharing these, nice to see!!

Smiles!
BDoo

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks likes like you had a nice time there..Love the mercs...Nice Job

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth
hey gadget, better than i did in VA. very hot and humid, yuk. on 5 acres in civil war territory, all i could manage in about 1 hour of hunting was a bell of some kind (cow?) ,a rusty washer, and a probably recent bullet shell. lots of fun looking. congrats on your stuff. ps i did find 42 coins at the hotel in tennessee in 1 hour. all clad.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never underestimate the pendant thingy's either...could have something there!!Nice job Gadget...congrat's..

OP
OP
Gadget

Gadget

Sep 10, 2005
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ringding,

I went to Macon, Fort Valley, Perry, Warner Robins, and a few other quick stops.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Some nice stuff there. I have trouble hunting in the heat - loose my focus and quit too soon.

I'm curious as to what the older gent found...did he tell you?

Mirage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread