Back from my 4 day trip to my cape cod house

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Found a few things while i was there, i tried to go out once or twice a day detecting ;D? First day I went in the pond that our house is on, found a few clad coins and a pink button that came up in my scoop, also found a neat lead thingy that looks like a musketball, who knows maybe it is! :D? next day or two I took the cobra along to the beach and hunted the water and beach, found a dollar or two in clad and some fishing weights, also a "stainless indonesia" spoon.? Then I went and kayaked to that place where theres a boardwalk? over a marsh, worst decision ever :( >:( :P :-[ :'(? It was hell there, soo many midgees and misquitos and greeen flys i could'nt even open my mouth or they would fly in.? My back looked like craters on the moon afterward :D? I still made away with some clad and a steel nut that had a string tied onto it, guess someone was fishing with a nut?? The current was so strong even though the water was only a foot deep that i think all the coins/jewelry get swept out to the open ocean, so thats my next place to go i guess ;D? Went to the herring run on my pond also and found another kastmaster fishing spoon, seems i can never leave the cape without finding one of these ;)? The best find of the trip was a Uniden model gmr648-2ck walkie talkie, It was under a few inches of sand and i had my discrimination turned off so i found it, it retails for 50 bucks for two so i guess mines 25 :D? Still works great and it even has a weather channel on it.? Last find was a small sterling chain link that i eyeballed while taking a shower in our outdoor showerplace, must have been lost by a renter or something, renters are always leaving stuff at our house :P I also tried detecting an old cranberry bog on the cape and found some clad and weights, was hoping for something old but nope ;D

Attachments

• herring run finds.JPG
    herring run finds.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 249
  • silverchainlink.JPG
    silverchainlink.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 257
  • Stainless spoon\'.JPG
    Stainless spoon\'.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 239
  • SwanPondfinds.JPG
    SwanPondfinds.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
More Pics ::)

Attachments

• talkie.JPG
    talkie.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 240
  • talkiecloseup.JPG
    talkiecloseup.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 223
  • trips to beach.JPG
    trips to beach.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 228

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jake,

sounds like you had an interesting vacation trip; sure seems like you were busy. Nice finds.

Is it back to hitting the books at school now?

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILE ILLILNOIS

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Thanks everyone, and unfortunately it is back to school now :'(? But i get home around 2:30 so theres still time to detect before dark ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread