Back from our trip to Va.

Dave (Pa)

Mar 19, 2003
Dunmore, Pa.
We were down for the 3 day weekend and like most everyone on the east coast it rained the whole time off and on! We got in a good day with normal water conditions on Sat. but that was it. We were finding some small stuff in the bedrock below a tributary my boys wanted to do. I planed on going up the midle of the streembed on Sunday but it was not to be. The water leval rose about 2 feet and was very murkey.

We disided to do the opisit side of the streem and work in a backwash near the streem bank. took us about 2 huors to get through the overburden in an area biginoff to work in and we got into a nice pocket and started seeing some nice amounts of gold. Still small flacks but there was some in every cleenup.

Monday the water conditions were just as bad. Becouse it was so high and running for a while I disided to try and get behind some of the larger obstructions in the middle of the streem. We worked the up the center for about 2 hours in rushing water that was thi hi! Just too much of a fight and couldn't see anything. So' we wen't back in the hole we had started till around noonish when it was time to pack it out.

All in all we had a good weekend with the exception of standing under the tarp a few times durring downpours. We did bring home 4 buckets of concentrates and so far seems to be a flake or two in every pan. Still looking for that chunk on the bottom!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dave (Pa)

Dave (Pa)

Mar 19, 2003
Dunmore, Pa.
Got some pic back and wanted to check out the new system!
Works better then the link stuff :D only 3 pic tho...... :(

S

srdraftcad

Hi Dave

I would like "pan" (prospecting) here VA but I don't know where and I don't know neither it is legal to do it in some places.

Sam

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread