NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
started off slow - finished strong
others had been here over the last 2 weeks - I had to take left overs - no new coins or new jewelry
sometimes walked for hours with out a hit
- tungsten ring and titanium might have been more recent drops
about 98% of finds were foot or more down - a lot of stuff was faint and close to 2 feet down
I hunted in all metal most of the time -gold was deep - silvers were deep
most all coins had a crust - some more than others
I got into the zone an hour before I had to leave - heavy crusted coins -gold ring with diamonds and rubies and encrusted silver band
I know theres more gold in that spot -it was a jet ski area -
all over the world - where they have jet ski rentals - they throw you out (no swimming -no detecting) - but if you go early before they are there - bingo
regular swimming areas on both sides I got junk and almost no good targets like 100 yrds in both directions
other guys that hit here could not hit when jet skis were operating and hammered the swim areas too
- I went in that spot at 7am
and was getting tons of hits - more good than bad there - had to move at 9am when they set up
wish I could have stayed another day - I know theres more gold in there with the amount of good deep targets I was getting
others missed these caked coins and deep targets (this is a popular beach with visiting TH'ers) - so Im sure if I go back - stuff will probably be there - unless others start using all metal and taking it all out
1 - platinum & 18k gold ring (very heavy)
2 - white & yellow 14k bands
1 - white gold 14k band
1 - ruby & diamond ring 14k
2 - silver
1 - tungsten carbide
1 - titanium
1 - junker? - might be silver -have to test

zcasperk.jpg zcasperj.jpg
aDSCN0327.JPG ccaspr.JPG
acaspera.jpg

Upvote 0

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I travel a good bit and spend time in the Caribbean, Bahamas, BVI, etc. fairly often because my wife and I are divers. We generally plan our vacations around diving. With all the dive gear we carry I never thought about taking my MD. What are the general attitudes, accepted etiquette and permission issues associated with the islands in general?

LE.JAG

Oct 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
FISHER AQUAMANTA / Pulsepower Goldscan 5c - goldquest ssv3 / Vista Gold / Nexus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Caribbean and extra of gold

splendid :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I travel a good bit and spend time in the Caribbean, Bahamas, BVI, etc. fairly often because my wife and I are divers. We generally plan our vacations around diving. With all the dive gear we carry I never thought about taking my MD. What are the general attitudes, accepted etiquette and permission issues associated with the islands in general?

I own a hookah and a snuba - don't have to be certified to use
so Im not certified - every year I say Im going to - that being said

most people that know me from the forums, my articles or past and present hunt partners know
that I go as deep as I can with mask and snorkel - out farther than most

I know many places home and abroad that I have found gold at low tide at my limits
which means theres more out farther

I think you would do very well at many spots where people swim in deeper waters

especially at tourist spots where they take people to snorkel and even dive
I met people and heard stories of other people saying they lost valuable items at spots like these
I have a few spots that Im keeping under my belt that Ive heard of many rings being lost -for when I do get certified

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another one of Davy Jones's lockers. Great work!! Thanks for the post, makes you want to get out and hunt!! Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread