Back in the saddle! Gold, silver, & 223 coins

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Back in the saddle! Gold, silver, & 223 coins

Hello to all and thanks to those of you who sent well wishes to me after my car accident a couple weeks ago. I have been doing real good, got clearance to return to work beginning Monday and that makes me smile. The only issue I have been having the past few days is a headache. last week, it was really bad, but it has lessened and is manageble.

I had two days in a row without having to take any meds so I decided to go out this morning and swing. It was a beautiful day out there, clear and cool. I hit another school in the district I was covering before the accident. Every school is the same, three sets of swings and three large round woodchip areas with play equipment. Then, there is a tot lot area, on the other side of the school, fenced in with a nice sized woodchip area with swings, slides, and other small equipment. At all the other schools, I did well, but had to work hard to accumulate the finds by covering 100% of the woodchip areas, finding almost all the items in the open areas away from the play structures. Someone had detected there within the last few months and got all the stuff around the equipment.

Well, this school was different. it was loaded. I was busy the whole time I was there constantly digging targets. It was one of those great days that we dream of. My pouch was so full by the end that I was afraid some of the finds were going to spill out every time I bent over. It was a lot of fun and I really got my fix, enough to carry on to next weekend, resting tomorrow...lol.

I didn't get any keepers that will make me rich but I got several nice finds that I am glad to have. My first was by the swings, a Swank money clip, no money with it and it was about 6 inches deep, a heavy sucker. It's well made, gold colored but not marked, but there is no tarnish at all on it, and I think it had been there a while because of the depth, nice. Also by the swings, a surprise, a 1964 Washington silver quarter. Must have been in circulation. I'll take it! While covering the large areas, I found a nice 925 ring with a princess cut amethist stone, laying right on top, an eye find. I had one piece of gold this day, a pretty earring marked 10k on the post. I also found a 925 earring. In the tot lot, I got a really nice 925 Italy bracelet next to the slide. I found several silver beading beads and links. I also found 3 wheaties in the penny pile while cleaning everything up, a 1954D, a 1949D, and a 1928D. All perfectly clean and must have been in circulation.

I found a ton of coins and trinkets. In the tot lot, a Pirates Of The Carribean coin. 2 more junk rings, a bunch of pendent/fobs, a nice chain, a 20 cent Euro coin, a Washington and an Adams $1 coin, found right next to each other, and 5 Chuckie Cheese tokens.

Some nice totals today. I searched too long, 5 hours, but how can you leave when you are at such a productive site...lol. I am a little sore but doing good. all the nice keepers plus nice clad pile, 223 coins total for face value of $19.78 including 43 quarters. This was my 7th 200+ coin day of the year.

Here's some photos of today's finds. Thanks for reading. I was really happy just to be out there and got lucky to hit this school that obviously hadn't been searched in a while. HH and good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

I also saw this as I finished my hunt, so I snapped some photos of it.
I posted this and other shots in My Daily Snapshot also.
Keepers.JPG

Attachments

• Airshow.jpg
    Airshow.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,007
  • July 21 T.jpg
    July 21 T.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • July 21 F.jpg
    July 21 F.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • Airshow.jpg
    Airshow.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 988
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: Back in the saddle! Gold, silver, & 223 coins

soar697877 said:
What an incredible haul !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metal detecting help in the recovery process, huh?! ;-)

Good Luck, and if you do this well being less than 100%, I wanna see your finds when
you are 100% soon !!!

Steve

I think this is about as good as it gets and having a day like this has made it easier to get get with it. Back to work tomorrow. I am happy to be getting on with the daily routine of life again.

Thanks for the read and comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

pulltabsteve said:
BDoo, Great bunch of finds! ;D ;D Glad to hear youre doing better. WTG!!!!!

Thank you Steve!! Good luck to you too!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

River Rat said:
BDoo,

Nice to see you back in the swing of things again. You got yourself a nice assortment of everything today. Take care of yourself & don't overdo it.

;) RR

Thanks RR!! I am home resting today and will be going back to work tomorrow finally so by next weekend, I hopefully will be ready to get out again, we'll see.
If not, I could always take a swim in my clad pile...lol. I let my daughter dump em out the other day, she was having a blast playing with them and stacking up all the quarters in there.

Smiles!
BDoo

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dang Bdoo, you do better in a weekend than I do in a year at playgrounds, the German kids just do not lose much. The American kids on the army posts lose more but now they have installed those stupid rubber safety mats everywhere, what, a kid can't break a collar bone these days, LOL! Congrats and HH, Mike

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey Doo,

Sorry to hear about your accident... will be praying for a 100% recovery for you my friend. But those finds are incredible.... no wonder I dont find much, I think you have already been to all my places ;D I love that money clip.

Take it easy, God bless.
Peter

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

I never knew you fell out. Nice haul and WTG on the Gold.

HH

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

WTG BOOBYDOO! Sorry to hear about your accident, but I think I might have a cure for your headache......have another contest! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can honestly say that you and DFX-Gregg are inspirations to a lot of us. Keep 'em coming!
--Mel

borninok

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Welcome back Bdoo. I was wondering how you were doing...I needent have worried. You are the Tot lot king! Nice to see you haven't lost it. Glad you're ok. Terrific batch of finds and an awesome dollar amount.

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Ima Swinger said:
Yepper, I'd say you are recovering nicely. ;) ;)
Glad to hear it. Very nice hunt, dude.

Ima

Thanks IMA!! Good luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

BlueShadow said:
See what a little Chicken Noodle Soup can do? ;)
Glad yer back Bud, missed yer fabulous posts. Go Get em!
Don't over do it though soup can only do so much :)

Thanks for the support Blue.
The soup, a few good poems ;)
Appreciate it buddy.
I will take it easy, thanks!

Smiles!
BDoo

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)

OK Bdoo... Now I see why I'm not finding a whole lot on my hunts. When I saw the airshow picture and then looked at your profile it was a dead giveaway. My best find (or should I say "take-away") to date is a nice 10k heart pendent with some diamond chips in it. Found it in a park in Warren... You'll have to let me know where your going to be so I can steer clear of those areas the rest of the summer ;D

Great finds Bobbydoo! I'll have to be quick on the draw to beat you to the treasure!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Glad you are back in business again. :) You don't look like you lost any of your skills or luck! ;D 8)

Cool to find the silver Quarter in with the stuff. :)

Bob

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

so glad to see you are back out there! Awesome finds as usual BDoo!

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2

Wow what a great day,many awesome finds that money clip has the same initials on it as my 1st and last name S.C. but definitely not my clip. Congrats on a great day....(i wouldn't of left either)...I'm afraid to admit i would have been there until I got no more signals (it's a sickness) lol

~Shawn~

R

RUDY2003

Way to dig Boo!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions