KYshooter

Nov 28, 2009
Kentucky
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites MXT, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let’s start with Episode #16 of Kentucky Diggin’, from the Kentucky Shooter YouTube Network. :wink:
[youtube=425,350]3nXOVz7StDM[/youtube]

It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything. I’ve been hunting, but usually for really short hunts, and usually with little to show for it.

Yesterday I got out for a couple of hours right before dark. I decided to take my MXT back to an old lot that I have hunted 2 or 3 times with my Garrett GTP 1350. It seems that every place I return to with the new machine yields Indian Head pennies. The MXT is a BEAST at finding them!

Once again, I wasn’t disappointed. My very first target was a lovely, green 1904 Indian. Goodness, I love digging those beautiful ladies!
03-16-11-1904-ih-obverse.jpg
03-16-11-1904-ih-reverse.jpg

I dug a couple of old wheats, then hit a really sketchy nickel signal that jumped between 20 & 22 VDI. I dug, and found this gorgeous 1942-P War Nickel! Silver!!
03-16-11-1942-p-war-nickel-obverse.jpg
03-16-11-1942-p-war-nickel-reverse.jpg

The wheats were 1911, 1917, & 1919. All oldies. It was good to finally get on some decent targets, and to dig my 9th gold/silver find of the year.

Here’s a picture of the happy group, relieved to have been freed from their underground confinement …
03-16-11-finds.jpg

Thanks for looking! Enjoy the video! You can subscribe to my channel @ http://www.youtube.com/user/kyshooters?feature=mhum.

Upvote 0

ouachitacaveman

Mar 12, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. How does that MXT
compare with your Garretts on
finding Indians and Silver ??
Trying to find a good first MD.
Thanks !

:thumbsup: :headbang:

OP
OP
KYshooter

KYshooter

Nov 28, 2009
Kentucky
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites MXT, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ouachitacaveman said:
Nice finds. How does that MXT
compare with your Garretts on
finding Indians and Silver ??
Trying to find a good first MD.
Thanks !

:thumbsup: :headbang:

It finds SO many more Indians than my Garrett. I think that the pre-programmed "coin" setting on a Garrett actually discriminates out many lower VDI Indians.

As far as silver ... I'm not that overly-impressed yet. It gives good silver signals on infinitely more junk than the Garrett does. So, I wind up digging piles more stuff. I've dug about 47-48 silver coins with the Garrett over a 2-year span, and 7-8 with the MXT since Christmas. On about the same pace.

Pluses and minuses for both.

Honestly, thought, if I were just starting out I would go with a Garrett, then "grow into" another machine in a year or two.

Geoff

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good digs Shooter,enjoyed the video. :hello2:

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds, nice video and finally, some nice weather here in the Bluegrass! Woo-hoo! :icon_thumleft:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread